This easy Instant Pot Healthy Turkey Chili comes together in 20 minutes, is packed with hearty protein and veggies and is the most comforting winter meal. Full of smokey, spicy flavors all wrapped up in a bed of tomatoey, saucey, chili seasoned goodness that you just really need in your life. This is a recipe your kids will love and it is gluten free and simple to make any day of the week.
It’s cold out, sometimes dreary and wet this time of year and all most of us truly want is a warm, comforting meal to fill up our bellies with all of those winter flavors right? Well this healthy turkey chili that is made completely in the Instant Pot is just what you need.
It is full of smokey, spicy flavors all wrapped up with some fresh veggies, tender, juicy ground turkey and a blend of fire roasted tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chili seasoned pinto beans that really take this dish to a whole new level of crazy goodness.
These Easy Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are also so simple and great for kids.
Why you will love this chili recipe
- It’s super healthy and comforting all wrapped up in a bowl of bliss!
- You can make it 20 minutes! Yay!
- This is an Instant Pot recipe so only one pot to clean.
- The flavors are marvelous and filled with smokey mixed in with a little kick of spice
- It is packed with so much protein and nutrition but still so freaking good!
- You get to add all of the wonderful toppings in the land, yippee!
Ingredients needed to make this healthy turkey chili
How to make healthy turkey chili in the instant pot
This incredible healthy turkey chili comes together in 20 minutes and is cooked in the Instant Pot. You can also check out the recipe card for slow cooker instructions as well.
- Sauté the veggies. Set the Instant Pot to the “sauté‘” setting, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Once it is hot add in the diced onion and bell peppers, season with salt and pepper, toss and let cook for a few minutes until the veggies are nice and soft and the onions are translucent. Add the tomato paste and stir it in to wake up all of that great flavor.
- Mix up the chili seasoning. Add all of the seasonings to a small bowl with some salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Add the spice mix to the pot with the veggies along with the minced garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Brown the turkey. Add the ground turkey to the pot and cook it until it is no longer pink and slightly browned.
- Add in the corn, beans, enchilada sauce, tomatoes and stock.
- Stir that all together and season everything with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Secure the lid to the Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is set to the “sealing” position. Set the pot to the “chili/meat stew” setting for 18 minutes. It will take a few minutes to heat up and then about another 10 minutes for the steam to release after it is done cooking. You can also do a manual release if your Instant Pot doesn’t do it automatically.
Laddle the chili into bowls and top it with your favorite toppings, literally the best part in my book.
Topping ideas for healthy turkey chili
- Sour cream
- Plain greek yogurt
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Raw diced onion
- Lime juice
I love this chili so much! My husband and I ate it for dinner and could not wait to enjoy it again for lunch the next day. It is one of those recipes that when it is all gone you are super disappointed and just have to make it again.
Seriously though, it really is crazy amazing!
Is turkey chili healthy?
Yes and yes! This turkey chili is made with lean ground turkey, beans, fresh veggies and low-sodium stock and diced tomatoes so it is packed with protein, low in fat and so tasty that nobody will believe that it is healthy, lol!
Just don’t go overboard on the chips and toppings and it will be a great healthy meal option any day of the week.
Here are some other turkey recipes you may also love
- Amazing Healthy Turkey Burger
- 10 Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs – Air Fryer Recipe
- Healthy Veggie Turkey Meatloaf
Tips for making amazing homemade chili
- Make it in an Instant Pot or slow cooker. Using one of these methods allows the chili to cook much faster but still gives you all of that amazing flavor you would get from cooking it on the stove for hours. Also if you do not own an Instant Pot or slow cooker, you should, they are incredible tools to have in the kitchen for making quick, tasty meals.
- To make this chili in the slow cooker. Follow the instructions until cooking the chili. Secure the lid to your slow cooker and set it for 3-5 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Use good quality ingredients. So important in chili especially since you can really taste all of the flavors and textures. I used organic, grass fed lean ground turkey meat, organic, low-sodium beans, enchilada sauce, stock and diced tomatoes. I like to use low-sodium so I can control the salt in my food.
- Mix up the homemade chili seasoning before adding it to the pot. Mixing up the spices before adding them allows for a more even balance of flavor in the chili and in most recipes for that matter.
- Season the chili well with salt and pepper to your taste. Do not forget to use salt and pepper in this recipe since it has a lot of liquids and needs the seasoning to blend it all together nicely.
- Use all of the toppings! I love topping my chili with a squeeze of lime, sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese and then add in a few tortilla chips. The best part of enjoying chili. So good!
- To store this chili. You can transfer the chili, once it is cooled to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and easily reheat it in the microwave or on the stove. You can also freeze this chili for up to 2 months in a freezer-friendly container. Defrost it in the fridge overnight and reheat it in the microwave or on the stove when ready to eat.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below.Print