These golden and crispy Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets come out so juicy and delicious in less than 15 minutes! They are easy to make with only a few simple ingredients and are a wonderful weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy!
These breaded chicken cutlets come out perfectly golden, crispy, juicy, and flavorful every single time! They are also so easy to make and you only need a few simple ingredients.
Similar to this air fryer breaded chicken breast that is a reader favorite and another go-to recipe of mine!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – you can make it in about 15 minutes!
- Healthy – crispy breaded chicken breast with almost no oil or deep frying required.
- Perfectly cooked chicken every time – the air fryer allows you to get the best juicy, golden chicken every single time in minutes!
- Delicious – this air fryer chicken is loaded with flavor and goes with so many things.
Ingredients you will need
*Be sure to check out the complete list of recipe ingredients and instructions in the free printable recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
- Chicken breast – boneless skinless chicken breast or you can use thin-sliced chicken breast that you can find at most grocery stores.
- Eggs – 2 large eggs to use as a binder to help the breading stick to the chicken. You could also use milk if you need to keep this recipe egg-free.
- Flour – all-purpose flour, you can also use gluten-free all-purpose flour, which is what I used.
- Breadcrumbs – any breadcrumbs will work! You can even use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Seasoning – garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper.
- Olive oil cooking spray – to prevent sticking and help the chicken get nice and golden and crispy. Make sure to use a non-aerosol olive oil spray.
How to make chicken cutlets in the air fryer
- Prepare the chicken – slice and pound the chicken breast into cutlets if you are not using pre-cut chicken cutlets. To do this all you have to do is use a sharp kitchen knife to slice each chicken breast in half, lengthwise then place it into a plastic bag or in between some plastic wrap and pound it out using a meat mallet until the chicken is about ¼ inch thick all around.
- Coat the chicken – crack the eggs into a shallow bowl, in another shallow bowl combine the flour with the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the breadcrumbs to another shallow bowl. Dip each chicken cutlet into the flour, then in the egg, letting any excess drip off, then coat in the breadcrumbs pressing the breading into the chicken as you dredge it.
- Cook – Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F and spray the basket with olive oil spray. Place some of the chicken cutlets into the basket and spray them with more olive oil spray. Cook for 6-7 minutes, flip and spray again and cook for 5-7 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve – once the chicken is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before you serve it. Serve warm with your favorite side dishes.
- Make sure to use chicken breast cutlets and not whole chicken breast since that will take longer to cook.
- Dredge the chicken in the proper order: flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, for the best results. Dipping the chicken in the egg and flour first really gives it a nice crispy coating.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Make sure the chicken is not overlapping in the basket since it will not get as crispy and golden. This means you may need to cook it in batches if you have a smaller air fryer. But it is totally WORTH IT!
- Flip the chicken halfway to ensure it gets nice and golden on both sides.
- For extra crispy chicken, you can add ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese and one teaspoon of olive oil to the breadcrumbs.
Storing and reheating
Leftover chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat it right in the air fryer at 370 degrees F until crispy and warmed through. It can also be reheated in the microwave but won’t be as crispy.
Baked chicken cutlets
Can you cook frozen chicken in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the air fryer but I do not recommend using frozen chicken in this recipe since we are coating it.
Ways to serve air fryer chicken cutlets
These Air Fryer Chicken Cutles go great with so many things like roasted potatoes and asparagus or kale salad. I also love just adding some sauce and melted cheese on top for some healthy chicken parmesan. You could also just serve them over a house salad to make a complete meal that is both filling and delicious. Or even slice the breaded chicken and use it in a wrap with some shredded lettuce, tomato, mayo, and bacon, YUM!
More air fryer recipes to try!
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
Other Chicken Breast Recipes
- Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Questions? Leave a comment below!
Like this recipe? Leave a comment below!
Made this recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print