Shredded Buffalo Chicken is a quick and easy recipe you can make and enjoy all week long. Serve it in tacos, on sandwiches, in salads, on pizza, and more. It comes together quickly in the Instant Pot with only a few simple ingredients and it is loaded with so much flavor.
I love this instant pot shredded buffalo chicken recipe because you can make it in under 10 minutes for meal prep and eat it for days. Plus it can be made with chicken thighs or chicken breast for a leaner option. It is also perfect for entertaining a crowd since it makes a lot and you can serve it in so many ways. See below for serving ideas.
It is low carb and loaded with flavor like these buffalo-style Air Fryer Chicken Tenders that are topped with homemade buffalo sauce. Now, I used a store-bought buffalo sauce to keep this recipe super simple but you can also use a homemade version as well.
Why you will just love this shredded Chicken Recipe
- It is so easy!
- You can make it in 10 minutes.
- It only requires 4 ingredients.
- Contains so many tomatoey, spicy flavors.
- Perfectly tender, juicy chicken every time!
- Great meal prep recipe.
Ingredients needed to make shredded buffalo chicken
How to make this easy shredded buffalo chicken recipe
- Dry the chicken with a clean paper towel and season it well with salt and pepper.
- Set the Instant Pot to “SAUTE” and add the oil. Once the pot is hot, add in the seasoned chicken and sear it on both sides by cooking it for 2 minutes per side.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the buffalo sauce to cover the chicken, secure the lid, set the valve to the “SEALING” position, and cook it on manual for 8 minutes, followed by a 3-5 minute natural release, followed by a quick release with whatever pressure remains.
- Remove the chicken and place it onto a clean plate and use two forks to shred it. Add the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot, pour the remaining buffalo sauce over the chicken, and toss it in the sauce to coat it all in that great flavor. It will be pretty juicy and so amazing. Serve warm as desired.
How to serve shredded chicken
Shredded chicken, especially this buffalo-style version can be served in so many ways.
My absolute favorite is serving it in tacos topped with slaw, blue cheese dressing, and diced avocado. It is so good!
Or you can use it in a buffalo chicken dip!
We also love it on pizza, in a salad, and definitely as a sandwich on a whole-grain toasted bun. It is also great on nachos or just as a side dish with some corn and an air fryer baked potato. Yum!
Can you make this recipe in the slow cooker?
Absolutely! Follow the same instructions as the recipe except cook the chicken on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
How to store shredded chicken
After you have cooked the chicken, let it cool and transfer it to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze this chicken in a freezer-friendly container for up to 30 days. Easily defrost it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat it on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees, in the instant pot on “warm” or in the microwave in portions. Or you can also heat it up in a pan on the stovetop.
- If you are making this recipe with chicken breast then it will take about 10 minutes to cook it.
- You can make your own homemade buffalo sauce or use store-bought as I did.
- Searing the chicken before cooking it adds a lot of flavor to this recipe, so I recommend not skipping that step.
More healthy chicken recipes to try!
- Low-Carb Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Healthy Ground Chicken Meatballs – Air Fryer Recipe
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print