Easy goat cheese stuffed spinach and artichoke mini peppers. Sweet mini bell peppers filled with a healthy vegetarian cheesy filling that is so delicious and baked until melty and crispy. The perfect healthy appetizer that everyone will want to try!
How much do we all love Spinach and artichoke dip? There is just something about the combo of spinach, artichokes, and cheese all baked into a tremendous warm dip waiting for crispy tortilla chips to dive right in. Right?
These Mini Stuffed Peppers are a lighter version that is just as tasty with all of the spinach and artichoke dip feels.
Little sweet peppers stuffed with sautéed spinach and garlic, mixed in with warm goat cheese and sprinkled with parmesan. Oh and don’t forget the tangy artichokes that round it all out! It’s the perfect one or two-bite food that will have you wanting them all the time.
Why you will love these mini stuffed peppers
- Spinach and artichoke! Hello!!
- Perfectly cheesy in all the right places.
- Crunchy sweet peppers full of vibrant colors and sweet, fresh flavor.
- Healthy vegetarian appetizer fit for a queen or king.
- One or two-bite snack
- Super easy recipe!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make mini stuffed peppers
- Slice and clean out the mini peppers. This took me all of 5 minutes to do. You can use a small tablespoon or regular spoon to do this. Just scoop the seeds and ribs out and discard them. This makes a nice vessel to hold the creamy spinach and artichoke filling.
Beautiful! Look at all the pretty colors! LOVE!
2. Then heat up a pan with some olive oil, sauté some shallots and garlic then add in the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
3. Then add in the chopped artichokes and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Let that cool for a few minutes then combine the veggies with the cheese in a medium-size mixing bowl and try not to eat all of the filling. This was hard for me, but my willpower kicked in thank goodness. It tastes just like spinach and artichoke dip!
5. Then fill the mini peppers with the spinach and artichoke filling.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
I cannot think of an appetizer that is better than this one! I have made this so many times for my family and friends, and they devour it every single time!
- This recipe uses small sweet peppers ( a smaller version of bell pepper but much sweeter) you can find in most grocery stores.
- To store mini peppers, place them into the crisper drawer of you refrigerator when you get home from the store. They should last about 1-2 weeks. Just make sure to clean them before eating.
- To clean mini peppers: Clean when ready to use. Fill up the sink or large bowl with lukewarm water and a little bit of salt. Place the peppers into the water bath and swish them around a bit to get any dirt off of them. Then dry them, slice them in half and scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- Kale can be used in place of the spinach but may take another minute or so to cook down.
- You can make the filling ahead of time, store it in an airtight container in the fridge, then just clean+fill+bake the peppers when ready to eat/serve.
- This recipe is a great appetizer for entertaining. I usually double it and make it for the holidays and it is the first thing everyone eats.
Looking for other ways to use mini peppers? Check out this article with great recipe ideas.
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print