Stuffed Mini Peppers with spinach and artichoke! Decadent and creamy little packages of goodness! These stuffed mini peppers are sure to be a hit at your next party or family gathering.
How much do we all love Spinach and artichoke dip? There is just something about the combo of spinach, artichokes and cheese all baked into a glorious warm dip waiting for crispy tortilla chips to dive right in. AmIright? These Mini Stuffed Peppers are a lighter version that are just as tasty with all of the spinach and artichoke dip feels. Little sweet peppers stuffed with sautéed spinach and garlic mixed in with warm goat cheese and sprinkled with parmesan. Oh and don’t forget the tangy artichokes that round it all out! It’s literally the perfect one or two bite food that will have you wanting them all the time.
Things to LOVE about these little bites of perfection
Spinach and artichoke!
Perfectly cheesy in all the right places
Crunchy sweet peppers full of vibrant colors
Healthy vegetarian appetizer fit for a queen!
One or two bite snack
How do you make these spinach and artichoke stuffed mini peppers?
It’s really easy….Are you ready?
Slice and clean out the mini peppers. This took me all of 5 minutes to do.
Beautiful! Look at the pretty colors! LOVE!
Then just sauté some shallots and garlic and add in the spinach and artichokes. I could just eat this and be happy!
Combine the veggies with the cheese and try not to eat all of the filling. This was hard for me but my willpower kicked in thank goodness.
Finally, stuff the peppers with the filling and bake until the top is slightly golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty. YUM!
I cannot think of an appetizer that is better than this one! I have made this so many times for my family and friends and they devour it every single time!
- 6 mini peppers, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of fresh spinach or one package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 6oz jar of marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 3oz fresh, softened goat cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- The juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Choose the dish you want to bake the peppers in. I used a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Layout the peppers on the baking sheet to make sure they fit.
- Heat up a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium high heat.
- Add in the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the spinach and artichokes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted and set aside to cool.
- Place the goat cheese in a medium size mixing bowl and mix lightly with a rubber spatula to soften.
- Add in the cooled spinach artichoke mixture and mix well, add in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Mix everything together.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mini pepper with the spinach, artichoke, cheese mixture and place them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack to for 15-20 minutes. Watch them since oven times and temps may vary.
- Once the cheese is nice and melty and the top of the peppers are slightly browned then remove them from the oven.
- Top with some fresh parsley, plate and Enjoy!
- You can sub the spinach with kale. Just follow the same instructions.
- Any soft cheese like will work if you don't have goat cheese.
- These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Just place them back into a 375 degree oven to reheat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 131mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 4g
Looking for other ways to use mini peppers? Check out this article with great recipe ideas.