This super creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing is a fun twist on classic ranch dressing but sightly healthier. Made with nutritious avocado blended with fresh herbs like parsley, dill and chives, garlic, greek yogurt and lemon. It comes together in 5 minutes and is great on salads, as a dip with veggies or as a topping on chicken or fish.
This new Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing has become a favorite of mine since I have really been into creating healthy dressings and sauces lately. It is just as amazing and tasty as this 5 Minute Green Goddess Dressing but has a different combo of ingredients and tastes just like classic ranch dressing.
This recipe is made with nutritious avocado, creamy greek yogurt, a hint of buttermilk, lemon and the most amazing trio of herbs: parsley, chives and dill. I love it so much and have been using it as both a dressing and as a dip.
What is ranch?
Ranch is a traditional American dressing, mostly known as ranch dressing and is made with a creamy buttermilk base blended with fresh herbs, garlic and lemon. There are many different versions of this addictive dressing since you can add in all kinds of flavors like chipotle, paprika and lime to name a few.
This is an avocado ranch dressing recipe that you can make at home in 5 minutes and enjoy it all week long!
Why you will love this recipe
- It is the best healthy ranch dressing!
- You can make it in 5 minutes
- Creamy, herby and packed with so much flavor
- It stores great and is a wonderful meal prep recipe
- You can use it as a dressing, topping or dip
- Kids and adults both love it!
Avocado Ranch Dressing Ingredients
How to make avocado ranch dressing
This recipe is so super easy and can be made in 5 minutes or less!
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Secure lid and blend on high for 30 seconds or until the dressing is super smooth and creamy. Add more lemon juice or a little water to thin it out if desired.
- Serve cold on top of salads, as a dip with some veggies or as a topping on chicken or fish.
How to store this dressing
You can easily make this avocado ranch dressing in minutes and enjoy it all week long. It stores best in a mason jar fitted with a lid. Keep it cold in the refrigerator for up to 4 days!
Is buttermilk good for you?
Buttermilk is fermented cream or milk and is what is leftover after churning butter out of cream. It is lower in fat than regular milk and is a good probiotic that aids in digestion since it can contain active live cultures like in greek yogurt and Kefir.
It is also high in calcium and protein as well as lower in calories than regular milk or cream.
Her is a great article on the potential health benefits of buttermilk.
Should you use dried herbs or fresh herbs in this dressing?
I chose to use fresh herbs since I had them in my garden but dried herbs also work fine in this avocado ranch dressing recipe.
If you do use dried herbs than you only need half the amount that was used in this recipe. If you add a little more than don’t worry, this kind of dressing is very forgiving.
Ways to use Avocado ranch dressing
- Pour it onto your favorite salad like this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad or this Simple Kale and Sweet Potato Salad.
- Use as on topping on chicken or roasted veggies like these Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots or these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots.
- Serve it as a dip with these amazing Air Fryer Zucchini Fries or these No Oil Sweet Potato Wedges.
More Quick and easy dressings to try
- Use nice ripe avocados. Ripe, soft avocados work best in this recipe so that they have the best flavor and easily break down into a creamy rich dressing when blended with the yogurt and buttermilk. I used one large avocado in this recipe but you can also use 1 ½ small avocados or 2 mini avocados like the ones you can buy at Trader Joe’s.
- Fresh herbs or dried herbs work in this recipe. If you choose to use dried herbs then you can use half the amount as noted in the recipe, since fresh herbs have a stronger flavor than dried herbs do.
- To make this recipe sugar free you can substitute the honey with stevia or simply leave it out. It will still be delicious.
- To store this dressing, keep it in a mason jar or airtight container fitted with a lid and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days!
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print