This is the best Oven Roasted Broccoli you will ever try! This broccoli is tender on the inside, crispy on the outside and packed with a ton of flavor and texture. Even your kids will love this recipe! Made with only 4 ingredients and it’s ready in 20 minutes or less. Plus it is both vegan and gluten-free!
Like most kids, my kids are not the biggest fans of broccoli or any roasted veggies for that matter. But when I made this Oven Roasted Broccoli they were actually willing to try it! Oh, and they ate it too! I was so happy!
Since then, my husband and I have made this at least once a week and we eat the entire batch every time we make it. It is that good!
It is just so perfectly crispy with so much flavor. Plus you can make it with only 4 ingredients and it is ready in 20 minutes, maybe less depending on the size you cut the broccoli.
Why you will love this recipe
- It is a very simple recipe that only requires 4 ingredients
- You can make it in under 20 minutes.
- It is a broccoli recipe your kids will go crazy for!
- Likely the best healthy side dish anyone can make!
- It is nutritious and super tasty, packed with so much flavor.
- Crispy outer layer with a perfectly tender center
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to prepare broccoli for roasting
To prepare the broccoli for roasting, you want to make sure that it is nice and dry so that you can get a nice crispy outer layer when it bakes. To get it nice and dry, let it sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes on top of some clean paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
You also want to cut the broccoli into small-medium size florets. If you cut them too big then the broccoli may not get as crispy, plus it will take longer to cook it.
The pre-cut, packaged broccoli you can get at most grocery stores is actually perfect for roasting since it is already chopped and cleaned for you. It does cost slightly more but it will save you time.
You also want to use fresh broccoli for this recipe and not frozen since frozen broccoli will just be too wet and will get soggy when roasted.
How to make the perfect oven roasted broccoli
- Dry and cut the broccoli. As noted above, you want to make sure the broccoli is nice and dry and cut into small-medium size pieces or florets. This will ensure you get super crispy broccoli when you roast it.
- Season the broccoli. Pour on the oil and toss the broccoli florets in the oil to coat them, then add the spice blend and toss to coat well.
- Bake. Spread the broccoli florets onto a lined baking sheet in an even layer and bake it for 17-20 minutes at 450 degrees F.
- Plate and serve. Plate the broccoli, season with salt, a little lemon juice and serve warm.
How easy is that? So simple and so incredibly delicious! A quick and easy side dish everyone will love! Simply the best perfect roasted broccoli, like ever!
What to serve with this oven roasted broccoli
This roasted broccoli recipe is a great, easy side dish that can be paired with so many other recipes to make it a complete meal. Here are some of my faves.
- Pair it with some protein. Such as this Easy Veggie Chicken Pizza Bake or this Healthy Turkey Meatloaf.
- Pair it with more veggies. Such as this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash or these Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- Sausage Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Black Bean Burger
- Baked Eggplant Meatballs
Here are some more healthy side dishes you may also love
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
- Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots
- Kale and Squash Quinoa Patties
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe tips for making oven roasted broccoli
- Use fresh broccoli. This is super important if you want really crispy, crazy flavorful broccoli. Frozen, thawed broccoli will turn out more soggy and definitely not as crispy as fresh broccoli.
- Cut the broccoli into relatively small pieces. The smaller you cut the broccoli the crispier it will get but don’t cut it too small. Small-medium size is good. See photos in post for example of how I cut the broccoli. Which turned out perfect by the way.
- Use good quality olive oil or avocado oil. The oil not only helps the broccoli get really crispy but it also helps the seasoning stick to the broccoli, which adds so much flavor to it.
- Cook the broccoli at high heat. Since broccoli doesn’t take that long to cook, you can cook it at a higher heat, like 450 degrees F as I did in this recipe, which will give you that uber crunchy, crispy outer layer that you want.
- Sprinkle some lemon and salt on the broccoli. After t he broccoli is done roasting, sprinkle it with a little lemon juice and sea salt for even more flavor.
- To store this oven roasted broccoli. Let it cool completely, place it into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave, in the oven, or even in the air fryer for a few minutes if you have one.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below.Print