Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies makes the perfect healthy, quick, and easy dinner you can make all on one pan in 20 minutes with no messy clean-up. It is loaded with fresh veggies, chicken sausage, and Italian spices all roasted until golden and delicious. Gluten-Free, Paleo and Low-Carb!
It is back-to-school season and this quick and easy sheet pan sausage and veggies meal is the perfect family dinner everyone will love. You can make it in 20 minutes with fresh veggies like broccoli, peppers, squash, and hearty chicken sausage. All cooked on one pan with no messy cleanup.
You may also love this air fryer chicken sausage and veggies or this air fryer chicken and vegetables that are also very easy to make but require no oven!
Sheet pan dinners LIKE THIS ONE or this sheet pan salmon are so great because there is little work time involved except for preparing and seasoning the ingredients. Then you just bake it all in one pan with little cleanup required. Plus you can make a good amount of food too!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy and ready in 20 minutes
- Low carb and packed with nutrition
- Gluten-free + Paleo
- Easy cleanup!
You can keep this recipe low-carb and serve it as is over cauliflower rice. Or you can enjoy it over cooked brown or jasmine rice. Either way, it is so good!
Ingredients for sheet pan veggies and sausage
- Chicken sausage – You can use any type you like, I used Applegate Farms brand.
- Broccoli – fresh broccoli cut into florets
- Bell pepper – You will need two of any color, I used red bell pepper
- Zucchini + yellow squash – A great combination for the end of summer since they are abundant.
- Seasoning – I used Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, and paprika, see more seasoning suggestions below.
- Olive oil – you can also use avocado oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make sheet pan sausage and veggies
- Prep the veggies and sausage – cut the veggies and sausage into 1-inch pieces and add them to a bowl.
- Season – coat the veggies and sausage in olive oil and then mix up the seasoning and toss everything in the seasoning.
- Cook – place the seasoned veggies and sausage onto a lined baking sheet and roast them at 400 degrees F or 20 minutes.
- Serve – enjoy in bowls as is or over cauliflower rice, cooked rice or quinoa.
- Switch up the veggies – you can use any veggies that roast well but a good rule of thumb is that root vegetables like potatoes and winter squash take longer to cook so you need to adjust the cooking time and cook those first, if using. Some vegetables that would work great in this recipe are cauliflower, sweet potato, green beans, Brussel Sprouts, or carrots.
- Change up the protein – you can use any type of link sausage in this recipe or cubed chicken breast or chicken thighs.
- Seasonings – you can use any seasoning you like on sausage and veggies. Some others that work great are cajun seasoning, fajita seasoning or taco seasoning.
- Add a sauce – my kids love a sauce on anything so we like to have one prepared on the side for people to add to this dish, some of our favorites are basil pesto, beet pesto, romesco sauce or healthy buffalo sauce.
What type of sausage works best in this recipe?
We enjoy all types of sausage but chicken sausage is our favorite. Some that we prefer are Applegate Farms, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Sprouts organic brands. Italian or chicken apple sausage flavors are my family’s favorite but you can use plain, unseasoned, and season it yourself if you prefer.
- Cut the veggies and sausage into 1-inch pieces so they cook at the same time.
- Toss the veggies and sausage well in the oil and seasoning to ensure everything is well-flavored.
- Spread the sausage and veggies out evenly on the pan with only a little bit overlapping so everything gets nice and golden and crispy.
- You can store this sheet pan sausage and veggies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after it has cooled completely. Reheat it in portions in the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees F for a few minutes.
This recipe is a meal all on its own but it is great over cooked cauliflower rice or brown rice. You can even serve it with a kale salad or some more butternut squash soup!
Storing and reheating
You can store this sausage and veggies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Easily reheat it right in the air fryer at 350 degrees for a few minutes or in the microwave.
More sausage and veggie recipes to try!
- Sausage and kale soup
- Sausage and pepper breakfast egg muffins
- Pepper and Sausage Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sausage and Apple Stuffed Butternut Squash
If you try this Pinch Me Good Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe or any other recipe on Pinch Me Good, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others to find the recipe so they can also try it out! Also, I would love to see you’re creations, so if you happen to take a photo of this recipe then please share it with me on Instagram.Print
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies – 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies makes the perfect healthy, quick and easy dinner you can make all on one pan in 20 minutes with no messy clean-up. It is loaded with fresh veggies, chicken sausage and Italian spices all roasted until golden and delicious. Gluten Free, Paleo and Low-Carb!
- 12 ounces link sausage – I used Applegate Farms chicken sausage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium bell peppers – any color – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper – or less if you do not like pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line one large baking sheet or 2 medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the veggies and sausage into 1-inch pieces and place them all into a larger bowl. Drizzle the sausage and veggies with the oil and toss to coat them all.
- In a small bowl, combine the italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the seasoning to the sausage and veggies and toss to coat everything in the seasoning.
- Spread the seasoned sausage and veggies onto the prepared sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping everything over halfway through the cooking time to ensure it all gets nice and golden and crispy.
- Once everything is done cooking, remove the pan from the oven and serve in bowls as is or over cauliflower rice, brown rice, jasmine rice or quinoa.
- Cut the veggies and sausage into the same size pieces so they all cook evenly.
- Season and toss everything well for the best flavor.
- Store this sausage and veggies in an airtight container after it has been cooked and cooled for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sheet pan sausage and veggies, sausage and veggies, chicken sausage and veggies, sheet pan recipes
Leave a Reply