This super easy healthy buffalo sauce recipe can be made with only 7 ingredients in 10 minutes or less! Enjoy it on everything from eggs to chicken to veggies. It stores great and is a wonderful addition to any dish! Naturally gluten free!
This healthy buffalo sauce is so addictive that you will want to put it on just about anything. My family goes crazy for this sauce and they love it as a nice spicy addition to their favorite dishes.
The kids are not into spicy foods yet but for some reason they love buffalo sauce on egg muffins and chicken tenders. Which is great since it is healthy and homemade and get’s those tastebuds excited for whatever you slather it on.
What is Buffalo Sauce?
If you are wondering how “Buffalo sauce” got it’s name if there is no actual buffalo in it then here you go! It seems that it was originally created in Buffalo New York by a bartender in the 70’s as a condiment for chicken wings. It really is great on chicken wings, so hat’s off to her!
Is buffalo sauce healthy?
Yes, buffalo sauce is healthy if you enjoy it in moderation, like anything. There are actually health benefits to the spicy peppers used in the hot sauce. Especially when it is paired with a healthy fat like grass-fed butter or ghee. Check this out for more information on the healthy benefits of buffalo sauce.
Ingredients in healthy buffalo sauce
How to make homemade buffalo sauce
This easy recipe is made all in one pan in minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot on the the stovetop over medium heat and whisk it until the butter is fully melted and the sauce is nice and silky and shiny.
- Remove it from the heat and let it sit for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Delicious ways to use buffalo sauce
This buffalo sauce goes great on so many things. Here are a few great ways to use it!
- Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – pictured above
- Low-Carb Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Sausage and pepper egg muffins
This sauce stores great in a glass jar fitted with a tight lid in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Easily reheat it on the stove for a few minutes or in the microwave.
- To make this recipe WHOLE30, swap the butter with ghee and use date syrup for a sweetener or skip the sweetener all together.
- Use vegan butter or ghee and maple syrup for a fully vegan version of this recipe.
- You can use maple syrup in place of the honey as well.
More healthy sauces to try!
- Healthy Tzatziki Sauce
- Easy 5 Minute Romesco Sauce
- Simple San Marzano Tomato Sauce
- The Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print