This Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is crispy and packed with incredible flavor. It only takes 15 minutes and it makes a wonderful game day appetizer that everyone will love. Vegetarian and gluten-free.
For the cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets – about 4 cups
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the buffalo sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons kerrygold butter
- 1/4 cup of good hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey – optional but so good
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Prepare the cauliflower. Trim the leaves off of the cauliflower and cut it into bite-size florets that are about 1.5 inches each. Skip this step if you are using pre-cut cauliflower florets.
- Set up the dredging station. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and season them with salt and pepper. In a separate shallow bowl combine the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, chives, parsley, and more salt and pepper. Set up a dredging station (cauliflower + egg mixture + breading).
- Coat. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the egg, then in the almond flour mixture, press the mixture into the cauliflower as you dredge it. Place it onto a clean plate.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray. Place the coated cauliflower in an even layer into the air fryer basket and spray it with olive oil spray. Close and cook it for 12 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the cooking time. If it is still not crispy then cook it for a few more minutes since air fryers vary.
- Mix up the buffalo sauce. Melt the butter in a pot on the stovetop. Once the butter if fully melted, mix the hot sauce and honey then season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish and serve. Once the cauliflower is done cooking, place it into a large bowl and toss it lightly in the buffalo sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with your favorite dipping sauce and some celery sticks. Note: make sure you toss the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce right when it comes out of the air fryer since the sauce will stick to it better when the cauliflower is nice and hot. It definitely crisps up more as it sits.
- Use fresh cauliflower. This recipe will not work with frozen cauliflower. You can use pre-cut cauliflower florets from the store to save time.
- Cook the cauliflower in batches. In order for the cauliflower to crisp up you need to place it into the air fryer in a single layer, so you may need to cook it in batches if you are using a smaller air fryer.
- Storing and reheating. You can store this buffalo cauliflower in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat right in the air fryer for a few minutes at 350 degrees F. It won’t become as crispy but it will still be delicious!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer buffalo cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower wings, buffalo cauliflower bites, cauliflower