This is the very best, flavor packed Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower you will ever make! Healthy cauliflower florets dipped in egg then seasoned almond flour and cooked to crispy perfection right in the air fryer in 12 minutes or less! A low carb battered cauliflower recipe that is packed with flavor and nutrition. A meatless healthy snack or appetizer you much try!
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets – about 4 cups
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2–3 tablespoons kerrygold butter
- 1/4 cup good hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Prep the cauliflower. Trim the leaves off of the cauliflower and use a knife to cut down the centre of it all around it to remove the stem. Then cut it into small florets and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Mix up the coating. Crack and whisk the eggs in medium shallow bowl and season them with a little salt and pepper. In a separate bowl mix up the almond flour with the garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley, dried chives, salt and pepper.
- Then set up a dredging station and bread the cauliflower by dipping each floret in the egg, then the almond four mixture, pressing the breading into each piece of cauliflower to make sure it sticks well. Then place the breaded cauliflower onto a clean plate.
- Heat the air fryer to 370 degrees F and spray the basket well with olive oil spray. Place the breaded cauliflower into the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 12 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Make the sauce. While the cauliflower is cooking, melt the butter and mix it with the hot sauce, honey and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce. Once the cauliflower is done cooking, transfer it to a mixing bowl, pour the sauce over it and lightly toss it to coat all of the cauliflower in the incredible buttery, spicy sauce.
- Serve. Top with dried parsley and some sea salt. Serve with celery sticks and your favourite creamy dressing like a light ranch, caesar dressing, blue cheese, or taziki sauce.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and not larger florets. This will help it cook more evenly and faster.
- Season the almond flour well as noted in this recipe for the best punch of flavor.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Make sure you place the breaded cauliflower in a single layer in the air fryer basket. It is okay if some of it overlaps a little bit, just try not to overcrowd the basket, even if you have to cook it in 2 batches. This air fryer is the one I have and I cooked it in 2 batches.
- Don’t skimp on the sauce. I know it is buffalo sauce with butter but use a good healthier butter like Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter and a good hot sauce plus a drop of honey and it really is a healthier sauce. Plus you are only having some of it so go for it. This recipe is still much better for you than traditional chicken wings.
- Add some veggies on this side. This recipe is so good paired with some celery sticks and carrots sticks and your favorite light blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Store this buffalo cauliflower in an airtight container after they have cooled completely and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat right in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for a few minutes to get them nice and crispy again.
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breaded, air fryer, sauce, crispy, recipe, healthy, low carb, buffalo sauce, cauliflower, Keto