Hearty, Healthy Breakfast Sandwich that is so satisfying and the perfect recipe to fuel you through your day! Make them ahead, freeze them, or even take one on the go! This is an easy recipe you can have ready for your family all week Long!
Busy, busy, busy is all I feel right now, which is fine but finding the time to cook meal after meal all day long get’s pretty exhausting. That is why I created this easy Healthy Breakfast Sandwich that can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer.
It is so convenient even for me since I sometimes cannot find any time to eat a healthy breakfast in the morning.
This sandwich is also hearty and a perfect balance of carbs+good fat+protein to help you stay fuller longer and fuel you through the beginning of any busy day.
Why you will love this healthy breakfast sandwich
- It only has a few ingredients
- Easy to make in only a few simple steps
- You can make it ahead of time and take it on the go!
- Perfect for kids and adults!
- Better then a pre-frozen packaged breakfast sandwich you would get at a fast food place
- Healthy, hearty and so crazy delicious!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How To Make A Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Sauté the veggies. I used spinach and onion that you can just cook for a few minutes over medium-low heat with a little olive oil. Then let cool.
- Whisk the eggs with some milk, salt & pepper, add in the cooled, cooked veggies + tomatoes and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese
3. Pour the egg and veggie mixture onto a sprayed baking sheet (a 13-by-9 size baking sheet is the perfect size). Make sure to spray the pan so the eggs don’t stick.
4. Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 25-30 minutes until the eggs are set and firm. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Once the eggs have cooled, use a round glass, top of a mason jar, or round cookie cutter to cut 6 even size circles. To do this, you want to place the round item (noted above) over the eggs and firmly press down and wiggle it a little. You may need to run a knife around the edges to release it. Pull some of the egg away and lift the circle of egg you cut using a small spatula or pie server.
6. Slice the English muffins, place them onto another pan and toast them in the 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. After 7 minutes, add the cheddar cheese slices to the bottom halves of the English muffins and place them back in the oven to melt for the last 3 minutes.
7. Place the cut eggs onto one half the English muffins and top with the other half or place the eggs onto the half with the cheese and top with the remaining side of the muffin. You can even eat them open face style.
How amazing and delicious does that look? These are so good and filing, which is even better! Plus you can make a bunch and have them ready all week long for a quick + healthy breakfast for the whole family. I mean, that is just fantastic!
- To cook the eggs, you want to use a 9-by-13 baking sheet since it is the perfect size for this recipe. You want to make sure to spray the baking sheet well with non-stick cooking spray so the eggs don’t stick to the pan.
- You can mix up the veggies and use steamed broccoli, roasted red bell peppers, mushrooms or even roasted butternut squash.
- Add some more protein like cooked sausage or ground turkey.
- If you don’t have English muffins then you can use bread and just cut the eggs into rectangle size pieces to fit the bread. Use the same method as the recipe to toast the bread and melt the cheese.
- You can easily freeze the sandwiches or store them in the refrigerator. To freeze: Let them cool, wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, then foil. Place them into a freezer-friendly bag, label, and store them in the freezer for up to 30 days. To refrigerate: Cover each sandwich in foil and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, remove foil, wrap in a paper towel, place onto a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- To reheat from frozen: Remove from packaging, place the sandwich onto a paper towel line plate and reheat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until the eggs are fully cooked through. Let is cool for a few minutes since it will be very hot.
- Save the remaining baked egg for a quick snack or quesadillas.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print