Easy Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice. Fluffy riced cauliflower, roasted in the oven and mixed with salty olives and feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, and fresh parsley. All generously drizzled with fresh lemon juice and olive oil. 20 minutes to make, gluten-free, low-carb, and delicious!
My new obsession is cauliflower rice roasted in the oven. I love cauliflower and it can be used in so many ways. This Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice recipe is my absolute favorite! The cauliflower gets so crispy on the outside but still tender and fluffy, like rice. It absorbs any flavors you add to it and is just so bright and colorful!
This recipe is also, are you ready for it? Low-carb, low-calorie, gluten-free, vegetarian and packed with crazy good nutrition. It comes together in under 20 minutes and can be paired with any proteins, like tofu, grilled chicken, fish, even a fried egg on top!
I am also loving this spicy vegan
Ingredients in this
Mediterranean cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower – you could also use store-bought frozen cauliflower rice
- Olive oil
- Mediterranean spice blend or a mix of garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and onion powder
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Feta cheese
- Sliced kalamata olives
- Lemon juice
Super simple, but still packed with so much flavor. It really is a good staple side dish to have in your back pocket for family gatherings, holiday dinners, or just for a fun, healthy weeknight dinner. My husband actually didn’t even know it was cauliflower, haha. He totally thought it was rice.
Is cauliflower good for you?
Yes! So good for you! Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable packed with fiber and B-vitamins. It is also a phytonutrient that can help protect against heart disease and cancer. Cauliflower is great for weight loss due to its high fiber content that keeps you fuller longer.
How to make this amazing Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
Start with a beautiful head of cauliflower. Remove the leaves and core and chop it up. If you are not sure how to cut up cauliflower, then here is an excellent explanation of how to cut cauliflower.
Place the cauliflower rice into a mixing bowl, drizzle it with olive oil and season with spices like garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and oregano. You can also use a Mediterranean spice blend like this one.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and season them the same way you seasoned the cauliflower rice.
Remove and add the rice and chickpeas to a mixing bowl along with the olives, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley. Drizzle that all with olive oil, lemon juice and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper and lightly toss.
Plate and top with some
- You can use any cauliflower rice for this recipe – Rice your cauliflower as mentioned in the post, or use store-bought cauliflower rice that is either fresh or frozen. I love trader joes cauliflower rice as a store-bought option.
- Make this dairy-free – you can easily leave out the feta cheese or sub-in dairy-free feta cheese that you can find in most local grocery stores.
- Use fresh cherry tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes – I love the tangy flavor that the sun-dried tomatoes bring to this cauliflower rice recipe, but you could also leave them out and use fresh sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Add in some sauteed greens for an extra nutrient boost – I love using kale, spinach, or collard greens.
- Add in some roasted red peppers – I like to use store-bought roasted red peppers in so many dishes. They have incredible flavor and are packed with Vitamin C.
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, then please leave a comment and rating below.Print