Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Air fryer meatloaf is so easy to make! It is wonderfully juicy and flavorful and cooks in under 20 minutes! Perfect for a simple weeknight dinner everyone will love! Plus this meatloaf recipe is gluten-free and made a little healthier using turkey in place of beef.
Why cook meatloaf in the air fryer
Basic meatloaf is a favorite in our house but we love this air fryer meatloaf that can be made right in the air fryer without the use of the oven. It makes an easy weeknight meal that the whole family loves!
- Perfectly seasoned and topped with a zesty tomato glaze.
- No oven is required!
- Juicy, flavorful meatloaf in a fraction of the time!
- Cleanup is much easier and faster since the fat drips away into the bottom of the air fryer.
No air fryer? Check out the recipe notes below on how to make this recipe in the oven.
Ingredients you will need
All you need to make this easy meatloaf recipe is an air fryer and a few simple ingredients.
- Lean ground turkey – I used 93/7 ground turkey for the best flavor.
- Egg – one large egg.
- Breadcrumbs – any breadcrumbs will work. I used gluten-free.
- Milk – you can use regular or non-dairy milk.
- Onion – white or yellow will work.
- Spices – garlic, parsley, plus some salt and pepper.
- Ketchup – I used Primal Kitchen.
- Dijon Mustard – yellow mustard also works.
- Worcestershire sauce – adds some great flavor to the meatloaf.
For the tomato glaze:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Maple syrup – 100% pure maple syrup for a hint of sweetness
How to make air fryer meatloaf
**Make sure to check out the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients with measurements and recipe instructions.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in milk. This will help to keep the meatloaf super moist while it cooks.
- Mix all of the meatloaf ingredients together in a bowl until fully combined. Do not overmix.
- Line the air fryer with a liner or foil and use your hands to form and shape the mixture into a loaf in the air fryer.
- Cook the meatloaf at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Mix up the tomato glaze by combining the ketchup, maple syrup, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf then brown at 400 degrees in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove, top with parsley, slice, and serve.
- Use an air fryer liner to easily lift the meatloaf out of the air fryer after it is done cooking. You can also use foil.
- Don’t overmix the meat. Mix the ingredients just until they are well combined.
- Since air fryers vary, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the meatloaf for doneness. It will be ready once it reaches 165 degrees F.
- Check the meatloaf at around 12 minutes to make sure you do not overcook it, since air fryers vary. I used a Cosori Air Fryer and 15 minutes was perfect!
- The thicker you form the meatloaf, the longer it will take to cook it.
- If you choose to use ground beef in this recipe then you will need to cook the meatloaf for 30 minutes, top it with the glaze and cook it for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf cool for a few minutes before you cut it so it doesn’t fall apart.
Recommended Tools For Making This Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Air Fryer
How long does meatloaf take to cook in the air fryer?
This recipe takes about 15 minutes. You will know the meatloaf is ready once the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. You can check it using a meat thermometer. The cook time will depend on how thick you make your loaf. I formed mine into a loaf that was 6 inches long, 5 inches wide, and about 2 inches in thickness.
Can you use other ground meats in this recipe?
Yes, You could use ground beef or ground chicken. The flavor will be slightly different but they both work in place of the ground turkey.
- Ground chicken will take less time to cook, so I would check the meatloaf at around 10 minutes.
- Ground beef will take about 35 minutes to fully cook. See expert tips above on using ground beef.
Can you make this meatloaf recipe in the oven?
Yes! To make this recipe in the oven, follow the recipe but instead of cooking it in the air fryer, cook it on a pan in the oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
What are the best side dishes that go with meatloaf?
The best side dishes that go well with meatloaf are roasted potatoes and asparagus, lemon and parmesan asparagus, oven roasted broccoli, and an air fryer baked potato or salad like this Easy Kale Salad. Check out some more healthy side dish recipes for inspiration.
Storing and reheating suggestions
Storing – this air fryer meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating – You can easily reheat this meatloaf in the air fryer in portions at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes. It can also be reheated in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Faves
- 10 Minute Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
Did you make this air fryer meatloaf recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This air fryer meatloaf comes out perfectly juicy and flavorful in under 20 minutes! It is made with ground turkey and topped with a zesty tomato glaze. This is a healthy meatloaf recipe that the whole family will love!
For the meatloaf
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs – I used gluten free
- 1/4 cup milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pound ground turkey – 93/7 works best
- 1 large egg – lightly whisked
- 1/2 a medium white onion – diced or grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard – or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley – plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the tomato glaze
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup – more if you like it on the sweeter side
- Combine the milk and breadcrumbs in a medium size bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes so the breadcrumbs can soak up all of the milk.
- Then add the soaked breadcrumbs along with the rest of the meatloaf ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix it all together with your hands or a fork or a spoon.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F, and place an air fryer liner or some foil into the bottom of the basket. Then add the meatloaf and carefully SHAPE it into a rounded rectangle or wide circle that is about 2 inches thick all the way around. Then air fry it for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, you can mix up the tomato glaze by combing the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. Once the meatloaf is ready, spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf. Then increase the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F and cook it for 3-4 more minutes until the glaze is slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove, top with parsley, slice, and serve.
- Don’t overmix the meat. Mix it just until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of the meatloaf. Since air fryers vary. It is done once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F when inserted in the center of the meatloaf.
- Use an air fryer liner or foil to make it easier to lift the meatloaf out of the air fryer by grabbing the corners of the liner or foil.
- Let the meatloaf cool for a few minutes before you slice it so it doesn’t fall apart.
- You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the air fryer at 350 degrees F until warmed through. You can also reheat this meatloaf in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer meatloaf, meatloaf in the air fryer, meatloaf, air fryer meatloaf recipe
Leave a Reply