This homemade healthy air fryer meatloaf can be made in 15 minutes thanks to the air fryer. It is made with lean ground turkey and is totally gluten free but still packed with flavor. The sweet tomato glaze on top takes it to a whole new level. A perfect healthy dinner any day of the week.
Meatloaf is such a classic recipe that most of us have had many times growing up. Gone are the days where you had to wait for it to cook in the oven, thanks to the air fryer. Now it can be ready in no time for a quick and healthy dinner everyone will love!
I find meatloaf recipes like this Healthy Turkey Meatloaf to be so comforting, especially in the fall and winter. This version is made with ground turkey instead of ground beef but tastes just like that classic meatloaf your grandma used to make.
The best part of all is that it takes half the time to make it!
Why you will love this air fried meatloaf recipe
- It’s loaded with flavor and nutrition!
- Easy clean up with no baking in the oven required thanks to the air fryer.
- A healthier version of the classic recipe.
- It has a tomato glaze that is so good and easy to make!
- You can make it ahead!
Ingredients needed for air fryer meatloaf
- Lean ground turkey – I used 93/7
- Gluten free breadcrumbs – I used Aleia’s brand
- Milk – you can use regular or non-dairy
- Spices – garlic, parsley plus some salt and pepper
- Dijon Mustard – yellow mustard also works
- Worcestershire sauce
For the tomato glaze:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Maple syrup
How to make meatloaf in the air fryer
**Make sure to check out the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients with measurements and recipe instructions.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in milk.
- Mix all of the meatloaf ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use your hands to form and shape the mixture into a loaf.
- Line the air fryer with a liner or foil and carefully place the meatloaf into the air fryer.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix up the tomato glaze.
- Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf then brown at 400 degrees in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove, top with parsley, slice and serve. Expert tip: To remove the meatloaf from the air fryer, grab the edges of the liner or foil and carefully lift the cooked meatloaf from the air fryer basket.
How long to cook air fryer meatloaf?
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to cook. You will know the meatloaf is ready once the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. You can check it using a meat thermometer.
Can you use other ground meats in this recipe?
Yes you can! You could use ground beef or ground chicken. The flavor will be slightly different but they both work in place of the ground turkey.
Can you make this recipe in the oven?
Yes! You can easily make this in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. To make this meatloaf in the oven, follow the recipe but instead of cooking it in the air fryer, cook it on a pan in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Mix up the glaze and spread it evenly over the top of the meatloaf once it is done. Then place it under the broiler of your oven for 2-3 minutes, remove, garnish with dried or fresh parsley and enjoy!
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make and form the meatloaf but don’t cook it. Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Once you are ready to cook it, let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes, then air fry as instructed in the recipe. Once you have fully cooked the meatloaf, let it cool completely. Then transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How do you reheat meatloaf?
You can easily reheat this meatloaf in the air fryer in portions at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes. It can also be reheated in the microwave.
The best side dishes that go well with meatloaf are roasted potatoes and asparagus, lemon and parmesan asparagus, oven roasted broccoli, an air fryer baked potato or salad like this Easy Kale Salad. Check out some more healthy side dish recipes for inspiration.
- Use a liner to easily lift the meatloaf out of the air fryer after it is done cooking. You can also use foil.
- For extra tomato flavour for the glaze, add a teaspoon of tomato paste to the glaze.
- For a more kid-friendly version of this recipe you can add some shredded cheddar cheese to the meatloaf mixture.
- Skip the glaze, it will still be delicious without it!
- Check the meatloaf at around 10 minutes to make sure you do not overcook it, since air fryers vary. I used a Cosori Air Fryer.
More healthy air fryer recipes to try!
- 10 Minute Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
More ground turkey recipes we love!
- Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- One Pot Low Carb Turkey Chili
- Amazing Healthy Turkey Burger
- 20 Minute Greek Meatballs
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print