This is a quick and easy way to fancy up Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi and turn it into a creamy, veggie-packed dish that you will love. This gnocchi comes together in minutes and makes the perfect date-night meal that is both vegan and gluten-free.
If you haven’t tried Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi yet then this is a great recipe to start with. In this recipe, we fancy it up a bit and cook it a little differently to get the gnocchi nice and golden, fluffy and loaded with flavor.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you because you can use pretty much any brand of cauliflower gnocchi like Whole Foods, Amazon, or Green Giant but Trader Joe’s gnocchi is one of the best due to the quality ingredients and price.
What is trader joe’s cauliflower gnocchi?
Trader joe’s cauliflower gnocchi is found in the freezer section of Trader Joe’s and costs around $3. It gives you a nice serving of veggies since it is made with cassava flour and cauliflower rather than the traditional gnocchi that is made with flour and eggs. This makes it lighter and pretty diet-friendly so almost anyone can enjoy it.
How do you cook cauliflower gnocchi?
There are a few ways you can cook cauliflower gnocchi to get it nice and golden and fluffy. One way not to cook it is by following the package instructions, which will result in more soggy, flavorless gnocchi. Here are a few of our favorite ways to cook it to get it perfectly golden and delicious!
- Pan fry it – this is by far the best method (and my favorite) since it takes the least amount of time and results in wonderfully golden gnocchi every time!
- Air fryer – you can easily cook the frozen cauliflower gnocchi right in the air fryer to get it nice and crispy but would need to add other ingredients to give it some flavor.
- In the oven – while this is a fine method for cooking gnocchi, it will take a while to get it nice and golden.
How do you serve cauliflower gnocchi?
In this recipe, the gnocchi is served in a creamy dairy-free mushroom and spinach sauce. You could also serve it with some tomato sauce and melted cheese if you do not need to keep it vegan. It is also delicious tossed in some pesto sauce.
Ingredients you will need
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi – you can find this at almost any Trader Joe’s store in the freezer section. Other brands like Whole Foods and Green Giant would also work fine.
- Spinach – fresh spinach works best in this recipe.
- Mushrooms – baby bella or button mushrooms.
- Onions – red onion, shallots, or yellow onion will work.
- Coconut milk – full fat, canned coconut milk, or, heavy cream for a non-vegan version.
- Garlic – fresh minced garlic.
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil or butter.
- Vegetable stock – store-bought or homemade is fine.
- Parmesan cheese – optional
- Dried basil or oregano – you could also use Italian seasoning.
- Salt and pepper – used to enhance all of the flavors
How to cook Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Cook the cauliflower gnocchi – heat a pan with olive oil to medium heat. Add the gnocchi and toss and cook it until golden. Set aside.
- Make the sauce – add the oil to the same pan and heat it to medium heat, then add in the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until the veggies are soft then add in the spinach. Cook that all together until the spinach is wilted then season with salt, pepper, and dried basil. Pour in the stock and milk and toss and cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Then sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, if using.
- Combine – add the cooked gnocchi back to the pan with sauce and toss it all together.
- Serve – divide into bowls and serve topped with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley or basil.
Tips for Success
Admittedly, this recipe is pretty easy and simple to make but here are a few tips to help you along the way.
- Use Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi – if you can find it then trader joe’s brand works best in this recipe, although I have had a few readers try it with the Whole Foods brand and it worked out well. Note: this recipe also works with trader joe’s sweet potato gnocchi.
- Pan fry the gnocchi – this will get it nice and golden in minutes and really brings the flavor of the gnocchi and, as mentioned, is the best method for cooking it great every time!
- Fresh spinach works best – fresh spinach is best in this recipe but frozen spinach with the water rung out will also work. You could even use kale!
Storing and reheating
This gnocchi is best if eaten right away but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat portions in the microwave until warmed through.
More cauliflower recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Baked Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
Did you try this Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below, I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print