This Hummus wrap is loaded with crisp, fresh veggies, crispy roasted chickpeas and creamy hummus all wrapped up in a soft tortilla of your choice. You can make this recipe in 15 minutes or less for a healthy lunch or meal prep for easy healthy eating all week long.
I love a good wrap when I am craving a sandwich type of meal and this very tasty vegetarian Wrap is the perfect go to recipe. It is loaded with healthy ingredients and contains so much texture and crunch.
Typically, my go-to sandwich recipe is this Easy Vegan Sandwich or this insane Chickpea Chicken Salad that are both perfect for summer picnics or just as a fun healthy dinner idea any day of the week.
Right now this wrap is my favorite, because it is so crazy delicious that I have eaten it twice this week already. Granted I was testing and shooting it but it made for a wonderful light dinner and healthy lunch the next day. Plus, my husband loved it so that was a huge win since he is more of a meat lover.
Did I mention that this recipe is vegan, vegetarian and plant-based? Well, it is, which is even better!
Why you will love this recipe
- It is such a quick and easy recipe to throw together in minutes
- The crunchy roasted chickpeas are everything
- Fresh, crisp veggies that give it a nice crunch
- Smooth and creamy hummus that acts as the perfect glue that holds this whole wrap together
- Loaded with nutrition, plant-based, vegan, Vegetarian and easily made gluten free
- Perfect for meal prep!
Will hummus make my wrap soggy?
The hummus will not make this wrap soggy if you eat it within 20-30 minutes after you make it.
To make this wrap ahead of time
You can easily meal prep this hummus wrap in no time at all. To make this recipe ahead, cut and prep the veggies, make the chickpeas and the hummus (if using homemade), then just store all of the ingredients separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to assemble the wraps, remove all of the prepared ingredients from the refrigerator and follow the assembly instructions. You can also assemble the wraps in advance but just add the hummus last and place it on top of all of the other ingredients, wrap them up in foil and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make a hummus wrap
- Make the crispy chickpeas. Now, you can do this or just add them in uncooked but this step really brings this recipe to a whole new level. to make the crispy oven roasted chickpeas, drain and rinse the chickpeas, add them to a bowl and drizzle them with a little olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and toss. Place them onto a baking sheet and roast at 450 degrees F or 10-12 minutes. Easy.
- Blend the hummus. You can obviously use store-bought hummus but this 5 minute homemade hummus is kind of amazing if you want to make your own. It’s basically an add all ingredients to a blender and blend type of recipe that just comes together quickly and is perfect in this wrap.
- Prep the veggies. There is not much to do here except slice up the veggies and season the mixed greens. To season the mixed greens, drizzle them with lemon juice and a little olive oil then sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss. Then slice the veggies thin so they can easily fit in the wrap.
- Assemble the wraps. To assemble the wraps, lay a tortilla on a flat surface, spread on some hummus, top with a handful of greens, cucumber slices, onion, red bell pepper, chickpeas, dairy-free soft cheese and another squeeze of lemon. Wrap it up and enjoy!
For the full list of recipe ingredients and instructions please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Hummus Wrap Tips
- Slice the veggies thin. This is important so that it is easier to wrap them up with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season the greens. Adding a little lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to your greens will make them softer, easier to digest and will also add more flavor to your wrap.
- Use nice soft tortillas. Some tortillas as not as soft and pliable as others. so make sure you are using nice soft tortilla for this wrap. To soften a tortilla to make it easier for wrapping you can place it in between damp paper towels and microwave it for 10 seconds.
- Choose your veggies carefully. I used cucumber, roasted red bell peppers and sliced rd onion since these veggies are not too wet and do not contain seeds that will make the wrap soggy. I did drain the bell peppers before adding them to the wrap. Other fruits and veggies to avoid in wraps would be tomatoes or anything that has extra water in it.
- Make sure not to overfill the wrap. Add a good amount of veggies and chickpeas but make sure not to add too much so you can easily roll it up. I like to stick to a handful of greens then a few slices of each veggie. I also used about 1/4 cup of the roasted chickpeas that I spread out evenly over the veggies in this wrap.
- Serve this wrap with a fun side like this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower or these Crispy Baked Beet chips.
- Pair it with a healthy salad like this Easy Kale Salad or this Mediterranean Israeli Couscous Salad
- Enjoy some crispy fries with this hummus wrap like these Crispy Paleo Sweet Potato Fries, Baked Eggplant Fries, Carrot Fries or these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries.
- Serve it with some Healthy Potato Salad, or this Vegan Macaroni Salad.
More healthy wraps and sandwiches you may also enjoy!
- Spinach feta Wrap
- Easy Vegan Roasted Veggies & Hummus Sandwich
- Chickpea Chicken Salad
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Switch up the veggies. You can use kale, spinach, shredded carrots, fresh bell peppers, banana peppers or even sliced radishes in this recipe.
- Use a different hummus. I opted for a Classic Hummus but used my quicker version in this Best Hummus Recipe but you could also use a Roasted Red Pepper Hummus or even a Beet Hummus.
- Add some protein. You could easily add some sliced Juicy Boneless Chicken Breast, some Sliced Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast or even chop up these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders and layer those on top of the veggies. Sliced hard boiled eggs, crispy tofu or edamame are some other great options for adding more protein this this wrap.
- Make it gluten free. You can easily make this hummus wrap gluten free by using a gluten free wrap.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print