This creamy healthy caesar dressing is so easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. It contains no anchovies and is a delicious low calorie homemade dressing.
This healthy Caesar dressing has become a favorite in our family. Even the caesar salad enthusiasts (my husband) absolutely love this caesar dressing. It is so easy to make in minutes with only a few simple ingredients. Plus it sores great as well!
I have always preferred homemade salad dressing rather then store-bought since it is much better for you and contains way less added fat and calories. This healthy salad dressing is low-calorie and lower in fat than any dressing you will get at a restaurant or grocery store.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- You can make it in 5 minutes!
- It is loaded with creamy caesar flavors without any anchovies or extra fat.
- You can store it and use it all week long on salads and as a dip with veggies.
- It is a low calorie caesar dressing that is still so crazy creamy and delicious.
Ingredients needed for healthy caesar dressing
- Tahini paste – this makes it super creamy
- Olive oil – to help emulsify the dressing
- Worcestershire sauce + Dijon Mustard – to give it that zippy flavor
- Maple syrup – for a hint of sweetness, you can also use honey.
- Shredded parmesan cheese – you can also use shredded Manchego cheese
- Lemon -to give the dressing a nice bright flavor
- Garlic– fresh garlic is best but garlic powder will work in a pinch
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley – this gives it a nice herby finish. Add it when blended or you can fold it in after blending.
- Greek yogurt – this is optional but will give it a creamier consistency and the color of caesar dressing. Sometimes I use it and sometimes I leave it out. It’s up to you. I used it in these photos for reference.
How to make homemade healthy caesar dressing
- Add all ingredients except the parsley to a high speed blender and pulse on high to fully combine into a creamy healthy caesar dressing. Then fold in the parsley.
- Use right away on caesar salad or store for later. See storing tips below.
How easy was that? It’s so good!!!! You will want to put this healthy caesar dressing on everything. You can find it paired with this amazing Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad. It would also be so good on this Chickpea Cauliflower Burger or on a Caesar Pasta Salad (pictured above).
Tips for making low calorie caesar dressing
- Use fresh herbs like parsley to add more flavor.
- You can use honey or real maple syrup as the sweetener for this recipe. You just need a little bit.
- Manchego cheese or parmesan cheese will work. Just make sure it is freshly grated. Pre-grated cheese may alter the consistency of the dressing.
- Use a high speed blender rather than a food processor so the dressing will emulsify and get nice and creamy.
- You can store this healthy caesar dressing in a mason jar with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Note: It may separate while being refrigerated so you will have to give it a stir before you serve it.
- Drizzle this healthy caesar dressing on a salad.
- Serve it with some fresh veggies and crackers as a dip.
- Slather in on a wrap or sandwich!
More healthy homemade salad dressings to try!
- The Best Kale Salad Dressing
- Simple Robust Italian Dressing
- Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Ranch
I hope you try this healthy caesar dressing recipe! If you do, then please leave a comment and rating below. You can also pin this for later and follow Pinch Me Good on Pinterest for all of my latest and greatest recipes!Print