This super simple Low Carb Turkey Chili is loaded with vibrant flavors but is lower in carbs than traditional chili. It comes together all simmered in one pot and is made with lean ground turkey, chili spices, tomatoes and veggies. A perfect healthy dinner the whole family will love!
My family loves chili of any kind and this new Low Carb Turkey Chili is sure to be a hit. Mostly because it doesn’t have any beans or potatoes in it, so my kids will love it!
I decided to post this healthy chili recipe since this One Pot Pumpkin Chili was so popular. I wanted to give you a “no bean chili” option that you could also make quickly all in one pot!
Why you will love this simple chili recipe
- It has so much flavor plus nutrition
- It’s a chili recipe without the beans but still has loads of protein and fiber
- You can make it in under 30 minutes all in one pot
- A perfect make ahead recipe everyone will love!
- It is both dairy free and gluten free!
Ingredients needed to make low carb Turkey Chili
How to make this low carb turkey chili
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium heat, add the oil and the turkey. Break the turkey up and cook it until it is no longer pink. Mix up the spices and add them in to season the turkey. Toss and cook the meat for 1-2 minutes then stir in the garlic and tomato paste.
- Add in the peppers and onions and stir that all together and let it cook for a few minutes. Then pour in the crushed and diced tomatoes. Stir everything together.
- Bring that all to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite chili toppings.
Can you make this recipe in the slow cooker?
Yes you can certainly make this low carb Turkey Chili recipe in the slow cooker or even the Instant Pot.
To make this recipe in the slow cooker: Sauté the meat in a pan with the oil, then follow the rest of the recipe instructions for cooking the meat and veggies. Then transfer the meat and veggie mixture to the slow cooker and pour in the crushed and diced tomatoes. Stir that all together then cover and cook it on low for 5-6 hours.
To make this recipe in the Instant Pot: Cook the meat, veggies and spices as directed in the recipe except use the “Sauté” setting on the Instant Pot instead of cooking it in a pot or pan on the stovetop. Add in the tomatoes, secure the lid and cook it in manual mode for 15 minutes.
Storing and freezing this turkey chili
To store this chili in the refrigerator: Let it cool completely, transfer it to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can easily reheat portions on the stovetop or in the microwave.
To freeze this chili: Let it cool completely, transfer it to an freezer-friendly container and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost it just leave it in the refrigerator overnight then you can easily reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Tips and Variations for making this recipe
- You can use any type of ground meat like ground turkey, ground chicken, ground beef or even meatless crumbles.
- Feel free to add in more veggies like corn, broccoli or sweet potatoes.
- Make sure to cover the pot while the chili simmers so it locks in all the flavors.
- The spice blend adds the perfect chili flavor to this recipe but if you prefer another combination of spices then feel free to switch it up.
What to serve with this homemade chili
More healthy chili recipes to try
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print