Super easy Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan is a healthy chicken dinner recipe you can make in 20 minutes or less and it is gluten free and so delicious!
I am super busy with life right now and this Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan has become one of those go-to meals I can make in under 20 minutes and everyone loves it!
Trust me! This is an easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipe you need in your life!
Ingredients you will need
- Chicken breasts – I used pasture-raised, organic breasts that I trimmed myself then sliced each one in half to make cutlets. You can also buy chicken breast cutlets and use those.
- Tomato sauce – You can use store-bought or a homemade marinara like this homemade san Marzano tomato sauce.
- Olive oil – Olive oil or avocado oil both work well in this recipe.
- Mozzarella + parmesan cheese – Again you can use pre-shredded or buy blocks of each cheese and shred it yourself.
- Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper – Use any seasoning you like. I chose this combination for that real Italian flavor we all love in a good chicken parmesan recipe.
How to make chicken Parmesan in the Instant Pot
- Season and brown the chicken. Set the Instant pot to the “SAUTE” setting and add some olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Slice the chicken breasts in half so you have 4 chicken cutlets and season both sides of the chicken with the seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and brown it for a few minutes on each side then remove it from the pot.
- Add the sauce and cook the chicken. Spread the tomato sauce into the bottom of the pot and stir and cook it for a few minutes. Then add the chicken back to the pot and nestle it nicely in the sauce, making sure the pieces of chicken are not overlapping. Spoon some of the tomato sauce over the top of each piece of chicken. Secure the lid, set the valve to the “SEALING” position and cook the chicken in manual mode on high for 3 minutes. Manually release the pressure after 3 minutes. Remove the lid and add the cheese to the top of each chicken cutlet, place the top back onto the Instant Pot for 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Garnish and serve. Remove the chicken parmesan from the Instant Pot and place it onto a plate or serving dish. Garnish with fresh herbs such as sliced basil or parsley and another sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese.
Get full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
How to serve instant pot chicken parmesan
There are several way to enjoy this amazing easy chicken dinner. We love it over some zucchini noodles or butternut squash noodles. Regular pasta is okay too!
Storing and reheating tips
- To store: You can easily store this cooked chicken parmesan in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To Reheat: The very best method for reheating this chicken parmesan is to place it into an oven-safe dish and cover it with some foil. Then bake it at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is warmed through and the cheese is nice and melty.
More easy and healthy chicken dinners to try:
- Healthy Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 10 Minute Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Rainbow Chicken Pad Thai
- Easy Veggie Chicken Pizza Bake
- One Pot Healthy Chicken Soup
Tips for making healthy chicken parmesan in the Instant Pot
- Use chicken cutlets since they cook faster and are easier to work with.
- You can use a homemade sauce or store-bought. Letting the sauce heat up in the pot before adding the chicken back in will really allow all of the flavors of the sauce to wake up and create much more flavor.
- You can use any type of shredded cheese in this recipe. I used a combination of mozzarella and parmesan for that classic chicken parmesan taste.
- Make sure to nestle each piece of chicken in the sauce so it cook nice and evenly and stays juicy and tender while it cooks.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot well and set the valve to “SEALING” POSITION before you cook the chicken. To check the doneness of the chicken, you can use a meat thermometer. Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees then it is done.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print