A super easy and decadent Vegan Chocolate Mousse made with dark chocolate and coconut milk. A no-bake, 2 ingredient dessert that you have to make! Great make-ahead dessert recipe and perfect for entertaining. Vegan and Gluten-Free
I am so excited to share this Vegan Chocolate Mousse recipe with you all! It’s very decadent and is kind of my guilty pleasure right now. It also only has 2 ingredients and requires
I love this dessert recipe because I can make it in minutes and keep it in the fridge all week long to satisfy those sweet cravings whenever they arise.
Now, it does require chilled coconut milk that has been chilled in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. This important step allows the milk the firm up to create that fluffy creamy texture we all love in a good mousse. So just make sure to put it in the fridge the night before you plan on making this. Or you can just keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge at all times like I do.
This recipe is:
Smooth and creamy
Light and fluffy
ALL of the elements you want in a chocolate mousse dessert.
How to make
Vegan Chocolate Mousse with only 2 ingredients
- Coconut milk – Full fat, chilled in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours
- 10oz bag dark chocolate chips – I used these, I also love these
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Whip the coconut milk. Pour the chilled coconut milk (all of it even the liquid), into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk, starting on medium-low speed for the first minute or so, increasing to high-speed until it gets thicker with a pudding-like texture. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate. There are a few ways to do this: Microwave – Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted. This usually takes about 90 seconds. Stovetop – Heat up a small saucepan to low heat, pour in the chocolate chips and melt, stirring with a rubber spatula to get it nice and silky smooth. You can also do this using the double boiler method .
- Combine the ingredients. Pour the melted chocolate into the mixer with the whipped coconut milk and whisk on medium-low speed until the mixture is fluffy and amazing. This takes a whole 2 minutes. You could also use a large mixing bowl and a handheld mixer if you don’t have a stand mixer but it may take a little longer.
- Chill and serve. Divide the mousse between jars and chill for at least 15 minutes. Serve with more whipped topping, berries or shaved chocolate.
That’s it! Then just divide the vegan chocolate mousse into jars (makes about 4 servings). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 minutes or longer. Top with fresh fruit, shaved chocolate, coconut whipped cream or whatever you fancy.
- Full fat coconut milk is essential since the low-fat coconut milk will result in more of a pudding-like texture.
- Chilling the coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours is important for getting that dreamy, creamy mousse texture. This recipe will not work without chilling the coconut milk first.
- If you have never worked with coconut milk before then it’s important to note that when you open the milk after it has been chilled then it will be very thick on top with the coconut water liquid underneath. To get the thickened milk out of the can, just run a spoon around the edge and it should lift right out. Pour all of the contents of the canned coconut milk into the mixer.
- You can use any kind of chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate chips and also tried this with vegan chocolate chips and they both worked out perfectly.
- This vegan chocolate mousse stores great in the fridge for up to 4 days. I simply separated the mousse into small mason jars, covered each with plastic wrap and we had a quick dessert or just a taste all week long. So great!!!!
Other ways to make Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Here some other no-bake treats you may also like
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Dipped Energy Bites
- Simple Gluten Free Buckeye Balls
- 15 Minute Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Shake
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print