This quick and easy Hummus wrap is loaded with crisp, fresh veggies, crispy roasted chickpeas and creamy hummus all wrapped up in a soft tortilla of your choice. You can make this recipe in 15 minutes or less for a healthy lunch or meal prep for easy healthy eating all week long.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup classic hummus – use homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup mixed greens
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers – drained.
- 1/4 cup dairy free soft crumbled cheese
- Make the crispy chickpeas. Now, you can do this or just add them in uncooked but this step really brings this recipe to a whole new level. To make the crispy oven roasted chickpeas, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Then drain and rinse the chickpeas, add them to a small bowl and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and toss. Place them onto baking sheet in a single layer and roast at 450 degrees F or 10-12 minutes.
- Blend the hummus. You can obviously use store-bought hummus but this 5 minute homemade hummus is kind of amazing if you want to make your own. It’s basically an add all ingredients to a blender and blend type of recipe that just comes together quickly and is perfect in this wrap.
- Prep the veggies. Make sure the veggies are sliced thin and not too wet. If they are wet then place them onto a clean paper towel for a few minutes to dry them a little bit. To season the mixed greens, add them to medium size bowl then drizzle them with lemon juice and a little olive oil then sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss.
- Assemble the wraps. To assemble the wraps, lay a tortilla on a flat surface, spread on some hummus (you want the hummus to cover most of the bottom of the tortilla but leave a slight 1/2 inch border around the edge of the tortilla), top with a handful of greens, cucumber slices, sliced onion, red bell pepper, 1/4 cup of the roasted chickpeas, dairy-free soft cheese and another squeeze of lemon. Wrap it up and enjoy! Continue until you have made all three wraps. I secured each wrap with a small toothpick.
- Serve. Serve cold or at room temperature with your favourites healthy sides.
- Slice the veggies thin. This is important so that it is easier to wrap them up with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season the greens. Adding a little lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to your greens will make them softer, easier to digest and will also add more flavor to your wrap.
- Use nice soft tortillas. Some tortillas as not as soft and pliable as others. so make sure you are using nice soft tortilla for this wrap. To soften a tortilla to make it easier for wrapping you can place it in between damp paper towels and microwave it for 10 seconds.
- Choose your veggies carefully. I used cucumber, roasted red bell peppers and sliced rd onion since these veggies are not too wet and do not contain seeds that will make the wrap soggy. I did drain the bell peppers before adding them to the wrap. Other fruits and veggies to avoid in wraps would be tomatoes or anything that has extra water in it.
- Make sure not to overfill the wrap. Add a good amount of veggies and chickpeas but make sure not to add too much so you can easily roll it up. I like to stick to a handful of greens then a few slices of each veggie. I also used about 1/4 cup of the roasted chickpeas that I spread out evenly over the veggies in this wrap.
- To store these hummus wraps, place them in some foil, wrap them up nice and thigh and keep them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before eating or take them on the go! See post for more make ahead and storing tips.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Assembled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean