Air Fryer Radishes are simply seasoned with garlic, paprika, and rosemary and air fried until perfectly tender, golden, and flavorful. These roasted radishes make a wonderfully healthy, low-carb side dish that is also paleo, vegan, and gluten-free.
If you haven’t tried making roasted radishes in the air fryer then you must try this recipe! It makes the best low-carb option for potatoes, making it a wonderful Keto potato recipe. Plus, it is so easy to make in 15 minutes!
The radishes are seasoned with a simple blend of garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper which really brings out their amazing flavor when cooked in the air fryer. They come out glowing with a gorgeous bright pink color coupled with a tender inside and the most delicious golden outer layer that makes them tasty and mouth-watering.
If you think you don’t like radishes then you MUST TRY this recipe! It is sure to change your mind!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make – it only takes 15 minutes.
- Delicious – these air-fried radishes come out so flavorful, savory, golden, and scrumptious.
- Healthy side dish – this recipe is low-carb, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo and goes with almost anything from chicken, to pork, to salmon.
- Budget-friendly – since radishes are in season, they only cost about $2 for an entire bunch!
What you should know about radishes
- Radishes are root vegetable that is in season in the spring, which is when they are the most flavorful, nutritious, and inexpensive.
- You will find a few different types of radishes in most grocery stores. Bright red radishes or Daikon radishes that are paler in color and whose shape resembles a carrot. Red radishes are more peppery and bold in flavor. Daikon radishes are milder and have a slightly spicy flavor to them. Both types of radishes will work in this recipe.
- Radishes are very nutritious with benefits such as aiding in digestion, being full of antioxidants, providing oxygen to your blood, and cleansing your body. Here is some more information on the health benefits of radishes.
- Low in calories and carbohydrates with ½ cup of radishes coming in at about 12 calories and 2 grams of carbs.
Ingredients you will need
- Fresh radishes – you will need about 1 pound of fresh radishes. I used red radishes but Daikon radishes will also work. You can buy the pre-trimmed, pre-washed, bagged radishes at most grocery stores and Trader Joe’s. You can also buy a bunch of radishes and trim and wash them yourself, which will take minutes and save you about $1. This is great since the green tops can be used in salads and in stir fry so you get more for your money.
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil or you can use avocado oil.
- Seasoning – garlic powder, paprika, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper
how to make air fryer radishes
Get the complete list of recipe ingredients and detailed instructions in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
You can make this easy radish recipe in about 15 minutes with a few simple ingredients.
- Clean and chop the radishes – Trim and rinse the radishes, if needed. Then cut them into 1-inch pieces. I just leave the smaller ones whole. Just make sure they are all similar in size.
- Season – Add the chopped radishes to a medium bowl, drizzle them with olive oil, and toss. Combine the seasoning in a small bowl, sprinkle that over the radishes, and toss to coat them all. Let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Cook – Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (this takes about 5 minutes for most air fryers). Once the air fryer is ready, add the seasoned radishes in an even layer and cook them for 10 minutes, until tender and golden. Per the recipe card below.
- Garnish and serve – Once the radishes are ready, transfer them to a serving bowl or plate, sprinkle them with some lemon juice, and garnish with fresh chives.
Pro tip! Try to buy radishes that are similar in size and shape for the best results. Red radishes work best in this recipe.
What do radishes taste like?
Raw radishes are zesty, bright, and peppery and are delicious chopped in salads or smeared with butter and a pinch of salt and pepper for a light, healthy snack.
Roasted radishes are tender, crispy, buttery, and herby with the perfect hint of garlic and pepper. They are a savory, side dish that resembles potatoes but is much lower in carbs and calories making them ideal for those following a low-carb diet.
Tips for making the best air fryer radishes
- Cut the radishes into even sizes. This is important so they cook at the same time.
- Season them well then let them sit to allow them to soak up all of the seasonings. An important step since radishes are like potatoes and take very well to a lot of seasoning.
- Cook them until they are perfectly tender and golden. Air fryers vary in regard to cooking times so I recommend checking them at around 8 minutes and then continuing cooking as needed.
- Serve them with a squeeze of lemon and some chopped chives for the most amazing spring side dish ever!
Ways to serve roasted radishes
Roasted radishes go with so many other dishes. Here are a few of my favorite things to pair them with.
How To Store and Reheat
These air fryer radishes are best if eaten right away but can also be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can reheat them right in the air fryer at 360 degrees F until warmed through.
Recommended Tools For Making This Recipe
More healthy side dishes
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Fennel Apple Slaw
Other easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Easy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- The Best Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Glazed Air Fryer Ham
Check out all of my easy air fryer recipes on PMG!
Did you try this air fryer radishes recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out. Plus, leaving a rating and comment helps others find great recipes like this one more easily!Print