This is the best Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus that is made with only a few ingredients. Super crispy, seasoned potatoes and perfectly delicious asparagus all roasted in one pan. The perfect healthy side dish for any meal!
My family and I love this easy Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus recipe that literally goes with everything. You can throw it together easily and it cooks all in one pan, which makes for less dishes and much less clean up.
Potatoes and asparagus are a classic combination that for some reason go so well together. They are both loaded with flavour and nutrition and when combined they make the BEST, most amazing healthy side dish.
What type of potatoes should you use in this recipe?
Really any type of potatoes will work in this recipe as long as you cut them into 1-inch pieces so they cook faster and get perfectly crispy. I used a combination of baby red and gold potatoes for color.
Ingredients needed to make Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
How to make oven roasted potatoes and asparagus
- Cut the potatoes and trim the ends off of the asparagus.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl and mix up the seasoning with the oil, salt and pepper and coat the potatoes in the seasoning.
- Add the asparagus to a separate bowl and season it with a little oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a lined baking sheet and roast them in a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, add the asparagus to the pan and place everything back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove, serve warm and enjoy! I also like to squeeze a little lemon juice over the asparagus for even more flavor.
How long should you roast potatoes?
This depends on what size potatoes you are using and the size you cut them. The smaller you cut the potatoes the shorter cook time will be required, so make sure you watch them so they don’t over cook.
I cut mine into 1-inch pieces and they took about 35-40 minutes to cook and get perfectly crispy and delicious.
This easy side dish goes with so many things but my favorite is to pair it with some kind of healthy protein like this Air Fryer Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs or even a good Healthy Turkey Meatloaf or Healthy Air Fryer Meatloaf.
- Use fresh asparagus and not frozen since they require different cooking methods and fresh asparagus will get nice and tender and crispy when roasted in the oven.
- As mentioned above, any type of potatoes will work in this recipe but I really like to use baby red or gold potatoes or a combination of both.
- You can use avocado oil or olive oil in this recipe.
- Make sure to roast the potatoes until they are mostly done before adding the asparagus.
- No need to boil the potatoes before baking since seasoning and roasting them will yield, perfectly crispy, not dry potatoes. The avocado oil really keeps them nice and moist on the inside.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print