This is the best oven roasted potatoes and asparagus that is made with only a few simple ingredients. The potatoes and asparagus come out perfectly seasoned and crispy and they make the best healthy side dish that goes great with so many other dishes. This recipe is vegan, paleo, gluten free and whole30.
My family and I love this easy Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus recipe that literally goes with everything. You can throw it together quickly and it cooks all on one pan, which makes for less dishes and much less clean up.
Potatoes and asparagus are a classic combination that for some reason go so well together. They are both loaded with flavor and nutrition and when combined they make the BEST healthy side dish.
What type of potatoes should you use in this recipe?
Really any type of potatoes will work in this roasted potatoes and asparagus recipe as long as you cut them into 1-inch pieces so they cook faster and get perfectly crispy. I used a combination of baby red and gold potatoes for color, which was delicious.
Ingredients needed to make Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Baby potatoes – I used a combination of red and gold potatoes but any potatoes will work.
- Asparagus – Fresh organic asparagus will work best in this recipe
- Avocado oil – you can also use olive oil
- Seasonings – garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika
- Salt & pepper – for extra flavor
How to make oven roasted potatoes and asparagus
- Prepare the veggies – cut the potatoes and trim the ends off of the asparagus. You want to make sure to cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Season – place the potatoes into a bowl and in a smaller bowl mix up the seasoning with the oil, salt and pepper and coat the potatoes in the seasoning. Add the asparagus to a separate bowl and season it with a little oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook – transfer the seasoned potatoes to a lined baking sheet and roast them at 400 degrees F in the oven for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, add the asparagus to the pan and place everything back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serve -remove, serve warm and enjoy! I also like to squeeze a little lemon juice over the asparagus for even more flavor.
How long should you roast potatoes?
This depends on what size potatoes you are using and the size you cut them. The smaller you cut the potatoes the shorter cook time will be required, so make sure you watch them so they don’t over cook.
I cut mine into 1-inch pieces and they took about 35-40 minutes to cook and get perfectly crispy and delicious.
This easy side dish goes with so many things. We love to pair it with some kind of healthy protein like this Air Fryer Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs or even a good Healthy Turkey Meatloaf or Healthy Air Fryer Meatloaf.
Recipe Tips for the best roasted potatoes and asparagus
- Use fresh asparagus and not frozen since they require different cooking methods. Also fresh asparagus will get nice and tender and crispy when roasted in the oven.
- As mentioned above, any type of potatoes will work in this recipe but I really like to use baby red or gold potatoes or a combination of both.
- You can use avocado oil or olive oil in this recipe.
- Make sure to roast the potatoes until they are mostly done before adding the asparagus since asparagus takes much less time to cook.
- There is no need to boil the potatoes before baking since seasoning and roasting them will yield, perfectly crispy, not dry potatoes. The avocado oil really keeps them nice and moist on the inside.
More asparagus recipes
Other healthy side dishes to try!
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Easy Roasted Fennel
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli
Did you make this oven roasted potatoes and asparagus recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print