Super simple lemon basil pesto that comes together in less than 5 minutes and is packed with incredible flavor. Basil, lemon, garlic, pistachios, parmesan, olive oil, salt, and pepper make up this amazing sauce. Perfect on pizza, pasta, or even sandwiches.Jump to Recipe
This is one of the easiest Homemade Pesto Sauce recipes you can make and store in the refrigerator to have on hand for so many recipes during the week. Like this easy incredible beet pesto that is also crazy good and good for you!
My favorite uses for this Easy Homemade Pesto Sauce are obviously pasta but also on pizza and sandwiches. It also makes a great finish to any bowl of soup! A little thing I like to add that seems to bring an element of surprise every time!
Ingredients to make this recipe
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Shelled pistachios, or walnuts
The fresh herby taste of the Basil and then the garlic and lemon in the background make this a homemade pesto sauce recipe one that you cannot wait to make. Oh and if you feel like reaching for the store-bought version, you never will again once you try this super easy recipe!
How to Make Easy Homemade Pesto Sauce
Add fresh basil, garlic, lemon, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse while streaming in the olive oil. Once combined, add in the nuts and pulse a few more times to incorporate them in the sauce.
How easy was that was? Plus its simply delicious!
I love basil! At some point in my life I would love to grow my own. Maybe when my kids are old enough to dress themselves. Will that ever happen? People tell me it will and it comes up fast but I have a hard time believing them so we will see. If it ever does happen then I will definitely share my experience in learning how to grow my own herbs with all of you.
All joking aside, please try this Easy Homemade Pesto Sauce recipe and let me know what uses you found for it and how it turned out for you.
Here are some of my best recipes for using this incredible Homemade Pesto Sauce!
Easy Homemade Lemon Basil Pesto
- Food Processor
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps pistachios
- Add the basil, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor and pulse on high while streaming in the olive oil until fully combined into a smooth, slightly chunky sauce.
- Add in the pistachios and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Serve as a dip, or topping on pizza, pasta, or sandwiches
- This pesto can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- For a vegan version, swap out the parmesan with vegan parmesan cheese.