Presto! It’s Pesto! One of the easiest Homemade Pesto Sauce recipes you can make and store in the refrigerator to have on hand for so many recipes during the week. Herby and incredibly flavorful basil, garlic, nuts and parmesan cheese all pulsed together to form this amazing bold flavored sauce. My favorite uses for this Easy Homemade Pesto Sauce are obviously pasta but also on pizza and sandwiches. It also makes a great finish to any bowl of soup! A little thing I like to add that seems to bring an element of surprise every time!
Store-bought version step aside! Here comes a homemade pesto sauce everyone needs!
The fresh herby taste of the Basil and then the garlic and lemon in the background make this a homemade pesto sauce recipe one that you cannot wait to make. Oh and if you feel like reaching for the store-bought version, you never will again once you try this super easy recipe!
How to Make this Easy Homemade Pesto Sauce
- Add all ingredients (fresh basil, garlic, pistachios, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and olive oil) to a food processor and pulse.
See how was that was? Plus its simple delicious!
I love basil! At some point in my life I would love to grow my own. Maybe when my kids are old enough to dress themselves. Will that ever happen? People tell me it will and it comes up fast but I have a hard time believing them so we will see. If it ever does happen then I will definitely share my experience in learning how to grow my own herbs with all of you.
All joking aside, please try this Easy Homemade Pesto Sauce recipe and let me know what uses you found for it and how it turned out for you.
Here are some of my best recipes for using this incredible Homemade Pesto Sauce!
- 1.5 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons pistachos
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- To make the pesto, add all ingredients except the olive oil to the the bowl of a food processor. Pulse continuously while streaming in the olive oil until fully combined into a sauce.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days to use on pasta, pizza, sandwiches and more!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g