Easy healthy breakfast muffin cups filled with egg whites, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and creamy feta cheese. Low-carb and so delicious. These Veggie Egg White Bites are great to make-ahead or eat right away. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to eat, but sometimes I am too busy to get something quick and healthy before heading out for the day. These Veggie Egg White Bites are the perfect grab and go healthy breakfast that are wonderful for meal prep!
The egg whites get so fluffy when you bake them with the fresh spinach, sweet chopped cherry tomatoes and top with salty feta cheese. I added a dash of salt and pepper to each and they were A-mazing.
What to love about this recipe
- Super easy and quick to make – In under 30 minutes!
- Nutritious – T
hesebabies pack in some good clean protein, heart-healthy spinach, and calcium from the feta cheese.
- They are just so cute!!! Okay, maybe not a benefit but an important point to make right?
- Great for meal prepping – Make a big batch to have on hand all week for a quick healthy breakfast or snack.
- Inexpensive – I made 24, and it only cost me around $12. If you buy the premixed carton of egg whites, it would be even cheaper.
- Low-carb, high-protein, delicious recipe!
What ingredients do you need to make egg white bites?
How to make Veggie Egg White Bites
- Prep the oven and Muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill the muffin cups with the veggies. Divide the spinach and tomatoes between the muffin cups by placing a few leaves of spinach and a few chopped tomatoes in each.
- Add the egg whites. Pour the egg whites into each muffin cup to the top.
- Season and top. Sprinkle on some crumbled feta cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
- Cook and cool. Bake the egg white bites in the preheated oven for 17-20 minutes. Then remove them from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes and serve and warm.
These store great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and make the best make-ahead breakfast!
What to serve with these Egg White Bites
Here are a few other delicious recipes that would go great with this recipe.
- Simple Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Some greek yogurt topped with this Homemade Granola.
- A delicious muffin: Such as these Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, Healthy Apple Muffins, Healthy Zucchini Muffins, or these Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Gluten Free Herb Biscuits
- Avocado Toast
Other low-carb egg recipes you may also enjoy!
Looking for more egg recipes? Here are some of my absolute favorites.
- Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Healthy Crustless Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Healthy Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwich
- Baked Veggie Frittata
- Mini Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Spinach Feta Wrap With Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Mushroom Asparagus Crustless Quiche
Possible recipe variations and tips
- Use any veggies you like. You can mix up the veggies and use steamed broccoli, sautéed peppers and onions (let them cool first), sautéed kale, roasted butternut squash or cooked mushrooms.
- Switch up the cheese in this recipe. I used feta cheese but goat cheese, mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese would all work as well.
- Add in some more protein. Cooked crumbled sausage or bacon would be great additions if you do not need to keep this recipe vegetarian.
- Make sure to spray the muffin cups with cooking spray before you fill them so that the egg white bites do not stick to the pan.
- To store these egg white bites, let them cool completely, place them into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.
I hope you like this recipe! Let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below.Print
You may also like these breakfast recipes that are also great for meal prepping.