Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Easy healthy veggie egg white bites are filled with egg whites, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and creamy feta cheese. They are low-carb and so delicious plus Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!
Veggie Egg White Bites are my new go-to meal because sometimes I am too busy to get something quick and healthy before heading out for the day. These Veggie Egg White Bites are the perfect grab-and-go healthy breakfast that is wonderful for meal prep!
Using egg whites instead of the yolks really gives you some good clean protein without any added fat. Pairing it with some veggies like in these Egg White Muffins creates a hearty and filling breakfast that is low in calories but so delicious and satisfying.
In this healthy breakfast recipe, the egg whites get so fluffy when you bake them with fresh spinach, sweet chopped cherry tomatoes, and topped with salty feta cheese. I added a dash of salt and pepper to each and they were Amazing.
If you prefer to use whole eggs then check out these amazing baked eggs that are just as easy and quick to make and are wonderful for meal prep!
What to love about this recipe
- Super easy and quick to make – In under 30 minutes!
- Nutritious – T
hesebabies pack in some good clean protein, heart-healthy spinach, and calcium from the feta cheese.
- They are just so cute!!! Okay, maybe not a benefit but an important point to make right?
- Great for meal prepping – Make a big batch to have on hand all week for a quick healthy breakfast or snack.
- Inexpensive – I made 24, and it only cost me around $12. If you buy the premixed carton of egg whites, it would be even cheaper.
- Low-carb, high-protein, delicious recipe!
What ingredients do you need to make egg white bites?
How to make Veggie Egg White Bites
- Prep the oven and Muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill the muffin cups with the veggies. Divide the spinach and tomatoes between the muffin cups by placing a few leaves of spinach and a few chopped tomatoes in each.
- Add the egg whites. Pour the egg whites into each muffin cup to the top.
- Season and top. Sprinkle on some crumbled feta cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
- Cook and cool. Bake the egg white bites in the preheated oven for 17-20 minutes. Then remove them from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes, and serve and warm.
These egg muffins store great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and make the best make-ahead breakfast!
How yummy do those look? They are so good, and I paired mine with my new obsession, this low-carb 90-second bread from Gimme Delicious that you have to try.
What to serve with these Egg White Bites
Here are a few other delicious recipes that would go great with this recipe.
- Simple Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Some greek yogurt topped with this Homemade Granola.
- A delicious muffin: Such as these Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, Healthy Apple Muffins, Healthy Zucchini Muffins, or these Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Gluten-Free Herb Biscuits
- Avocado Toast
Other low-carb egg recipes you may also enjoy!
Looking for more egg recipes? Here are some of my absolute favorites.
- Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Healthy Crustless Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Healthy Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwich
- Baked Veggie Frittata
- Mini Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Spinach Feta Wrap With Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Mushroom Asparagus Crustless Quiche
Possible recipe variations and tips
- Use any veggies you like. You can mix up the veggies and use steamed broccoli, sautéed peppers, and onions (let them cool first), sautéed kale, roasted butternut squash, or cooked mushrooms.
- Switch up the cheese in this recipe. I used feta cheese but goat cheese, mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese would all work as well.
- Add in some more protein. Cooked crumbled sausage or bacon would be great additions if you do not need to keep this recipe vegetarian.
- Make sure to spray the muffin cups with cooking spray before you fill them so that the egg white bites do not stick to the pan.
- To store these egg white bites, let them cool completely, place them into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.
- To ensure these do not stick to the pan, make sure you coat the pan really well first. Also, let them cool completely and run a butter knife around the edge of the pan to easily loosen them and pull them out.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print
Veggie Egg White Bites
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
Easy healthy breakfast muffin cups filled with spinach, cherry tomatoes, and creamy feta cheese. Low-carb and so delicious. Make-ahead or eat right away. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups egg whites (whisked – you can use store-bought carton egg whites)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the spinach between the muffin tins and top each with the diced cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the egg whites almost to the top of each muffin tin and season each with salt and pepper. Top each with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the egg whites, are set and the edges are starting to brown. Remove and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Run a butter knife around each veggie egg white bite to loosen it up around the edges and lift them out of the muffin tin.
- Plate, serve warm, and enjoy!
- Use any veggies you like. You could add diced bell pepper, onion, cooked mushrooms, or broccoli.
- Add some meat. Add some cooked sausage, ham, or bacon for even more protein!
- Storing and reheating. You can store these egg muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: veggie egg white bites, egg white bites, egg muffins, eggs
You may also like these breakfast recipes that are also great for meal prepping.
Mushroom Asparagus Crustless Quiche
Great veggie snack!
Added mushrooms and peppers. Delicious, thanks for sharing.
What happens if you use the entire egg? is that recommended?
i’m asking because i’m wondering what to do with the egg leftover??
Hi Alexandra, you can make scrambled eggs with the yolks or save them for another recipe. You could also buy carton egg whites in most grocery stores and use those. I will add this information to the recipe notes. Thank you so much!
Can you freeze these? If so, for how long?
Hi Crystal, I did try to freeze them with little success. You can make them and store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days and easily reheat when ready to eat!
Love and was a hit with the whole family!