Fluffy, nutritious egg whites, heart healthy spinach, sweet cherry tomatoes and salty feta cheese baked into these cute little Veggie Egg White Bites. High in protein, low in fat and carbs, vegetarian and gluten-free and perfect for meal prepping!
Who loves egg whites? Me, me, me!!!! I hope you do to because egg whites are an amazing burst of protein with no carbs or fat and you can use them in so many, many recipes. These Veggie Egg White Bites are a perfect example of how easy it is to incorporate this protein-rich ingredient into your diet. They took me minutes to make and you have them on hand all week for a quick healthy breakfast or snack. Light fluffy egg whites baked with spinach, sweet cherry tomatoes and a hint of salty feta cheese. A fave combo of ingredients that I tend to always have. Another recipe that is great to have in your fridge is my Easy and Healthy Egg Salad. It’s so good and add it to a lettuce cup and lunch or dinner are ready!
Benefits of making these healthy Veggie Egg White Bites
- Super easy and quick to make (like 20 minutes tops and most of that is the cooking time)
- Nutritious – these babies pack in some good clean protein, heart healthy spinach full of key vitamins and calcium and a little fat from the feta cheese.
- They are just so cute!!! Okay maybe not a benefit but an important point to make right?
- Great for meal prepping since you can make a big batch to have on hand all week for a quick healthy breakfast or snack.
- Inexpensive – I made 24 and it only cost my like $12 and if you buy the premixed carton of egg whites it would be even cheaper. See, eating heathy is not costly if you plan ahead!
- Low-carb, high-protein delicious recipe!
How to make these easy Veggie Egg White Bites
Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
Fill each muffin tin with some spinach and top that with the tomatoes
Pour in the egg whites and top with some salt and pepper and feta cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, remove, let cool for a few minutes, serve and ENJOY!
These store great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How yummy do those look? They are so good and I paired mine with my new obsession, this low-carb 90 second bread from Gimme Delicious that you have to try. I eat it like every morning and it only has like 4 carbs. I find that I eat way less and get hungry less often on a higher fat, higher protein diet since a lot of carbs just makes me hungry.
I hope you like this recipe! Let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below.
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups of egg whites, whisked
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the spinach between the muffin tins and top each with the diced cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the egg whites about 3/4 of the way into each muffin tin and season each with salt and pepper.
- Top each egg white filled muffin tin with feta cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Run a butter knife around each veggie egg white bite to loosen it up around the edges and lift them out of the muffin tin.
- Plate and serve. ENJOY!!!!
These store perfectly in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 381mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 19g