This simple mixed berry smoothie is the perfect healthy breakfast or afternoon pick me up. Made with frozen mixed berries, plain greek yogurt, almond milk, almond butter and a little hint of sweetness from some natural sweetener. All blended together to form this fresh, bright smoothie that even your kids will go crazy for! Less than 5 minutes to make it and it is packed with protein, healthy fat and lots of Vitamin C.
My Kids and I are really into smoothies lately, especially this Mixed Berry Smoothie that we have been enjoying as a healthy afternoon snack after our mid-day bike rides. A perk of being in quarantine with your kiddos. Sometimes we mix things up with this cherry banana smoothie that they also LOVE!
I love that you can make it in less than 5 minutes and my kids devour it, which makes me happy since it is packed with protein, healthy fat and lot’s of Vitamin C from the mixed berries. Plus, there is no added sugar in it since it is naturally sweetened with the fruit and a little no calorie sweetener, like Stevia.
Why you will just love this smoothie recipe
- It only has 5 ingredients!
- Can be made in under 5 minutes!
- Kids and adults will love it!
- Contains loads of clean protein, healthy fat and vitamins
- It is a perfect healthy breakfast or mid-day snack especially post-workout
- No sugar added since it is naturally sweetened
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make a mixed berry smoothie
Making a smoothie is so simple and can be done in under 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds and watch the magic happen.
- Pour into glasses, top with some more fruit and enjoy cold. It is so refreshing and packed with fruity flavor with the perfect hint of sweetness.
What kind of fruit can you use in a mixed berry smoothie?
I used a blend of frozen strawberries, blueberries and raspberries but any blend will work. You can even use all blueberries or strawberries if that is all you have on hand.
I do recommend using frozen berries rather then fresh berries in order to get that nice cold blended result you want in a smoothie recipe like this one.
Recipe tips for making great smoothies
- Use frozen fruits so it blends nicely and makes the smoothie nice and bright and cold.
- You can use fat free or full fat plain greek yogurt in this recipe. I prefer the nonfat since adding the almond butter gives you a healthier fat.
- You can use any kind of nut butter but I prefer the almond butter since I think the flavor really goes well with the almond milk and mixed berries.
- After blending this smoothie I suggest drinking it right away for the best experience. You can pour it into mason jars with lids and store it for a few hours in the fridge but it will get slightly watered down as it sits. Even better yet, take it on the go!
- Any kind of milk will also work in this recipe. I used almond milk and almond butter because that is what I typically have but any kind of milk will work.
Here are some other easy smoothie recipes you may also enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also share and tag me on Instagram @Pinchmegoodfood.Print