Fruit Pizza Cookies are so fun and easy to make and they always make a good impression. Soft, gluten free sugar cookies spiked with a hint of lemon and loaded up with a creamy Greek yogurt frosting topped with fresh sliced fruit. A perfect healthy dessert for summer picnics and parties.
These Fruit Pizza Cookies are my new favorite fun Summer treat and my kids LOVED them! They also double as as kid-craft, which is always a bonus for me.
The gluten free sugar cookie base is the perfect soft and chewy vessel for the creamy Greek yogurt lemon frosting topped with fresh and bright sliced fruit. These cookies just scream summer and they are literally the best dessert to bring to any summer shindig.
Why you will love these cookies
- Easy and simple to make in about 20 minutes.
- Theses fruit pizza cookies are gluten free!
- This recipe is so fun and doubles as a craft you can do with kids.
- Fresh, bright and the best yummy summer treat!
- Refined sugar free!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make fruit pizza cookies
- Make the cookie dough. In a medium size mixing bowl cream together the butter and maple syrup, then add in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and mix. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt). Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and form into a very thick dough.
- Form and bake the cookies. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and form it into a ball or disc. Use a floured rolling pin or your hands to flatten the dough out into a 1/4-inch thick circle. Use a round cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or round glass to cut out even size circle cookies. Place the cookies onto a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Make the frosting. Add all frosting ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and mix until fully combined into a light, fluffy, yummy frosting. It’s so good!
- Prep the fruit and assemble the cookies. Cut the fruit into small pieces, spread some of the frosting onto each cookie in an even layer and top with some mixed fruit.
- Serve. You can enjoy these fruit pizza cookies right away or store them for later in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How adorable and delicious do these fruit pizza cookies look? I just love them!
What is the best fruit to use for fruit pizza cookies?
You can really use any fruit for these cookies as long as you can cut it up into small pieces. I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and mandarin oranges since I loved all of the beautiful colors.
Other fruits that would work well would be blackberries, mango or even cut up pineapple.
The Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Base
A mix of almond flour and coconut flour help form the sugar cookie base of these cookies into a soft and chewy gluten free cookie that is so delicious. They are also refined sugar free and you can also use them for cookie decorating as well. How awesome is that?
More sweet treats using fruit
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Gluten Free Berry Crisp
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Gluten Free Apple Pear Crisp
- Strawberry Pie – The Recipe Critic
Recipe Tips for making these fruit pizza cookies
- Use fresh fruit. Frozen fruit will not work in this recipe since it can make the cookies soggy.
- Select fruit that is different sizes and colors for a fun variety to decorate your cookies with.
- Cut the cookie dough into 1/4-inch thick rounds. If you cut them too thick then the cookies may not cook all of the way through and if you cut them too thin they may fall apart.
- If the cookie dough cracks while you are rolling and cutting out the cookies then just use your hands to smooth the dough over the cracks. This is a very forgiving recipe, which is why I love it!
- Let the cookies cool before assembling them so the frosting sticks to them better. 5-7 minutes of cooling time should be fine.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can store them better if you assemble them right before you serve them.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print