Dairy free banana ice cream (nice cream). Creamy frozen bananas blended with a little peanut butter, almond milk and a hint of vanilla. Comes together in minutes, only 150 calories per serving and absolutely delicious!!!!
Don’t we all love a tasty treat now and then? I mean what life is about if you can’t stop to enjoy a delicious bowl of ice cream, right? You deserve it! Well, this Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream is a treat you can have daily if you want.
My kids devour this every time I make it and sometimes they even request it in place of store-bought ice cream. Even though we can all tolerate dairy, I do try not to overeat
WARNING: This is insanely easy and delicious haha!
Another thing you need to know about this
How to freeze bananas for this
Dairy Free Banana Ice Cream
- Once the bananas are just turning brown, peel and slice them and place them in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Place them in the freezer for 4-6 hours or longer. Then you will have them on hand for this recipe as well as smoothies. Check out this super Simple Green Smoothie that has frozen bananas, spinach, almond milk, and vanilla. It’s so good and also only has 4 ingredients like this recipe.
What ingredients do you need to make banana ice cream “nice cream”?
- Frozen Sliced Bananas
- Peanut Butter – optional
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Dairy Free Banana Ice Cream
Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse. Takes about a minute or so to get it to a nice and creamy “ice cream like” texture.
It’s kind of magic I think, right? Look at that! Perfectly creamy ice cream made from bananas!!!! No dairy here! Some call it “Nice Cream” since its better for you than traditional ice cream. Call it whatever you want, it’s delicious and pretty much guilt free and that works for me!!!!
Now, you can eat it this way if you prefer soft serve ice cream. I like to spread this mixture into a loaf pan, cover it and freeze it for about 30-60 minutes so it becomes scoop-able ice cream for the kids.
After it freezes, scoop it out of the pan like regular ice cream. So good!
It’s so amazing, that we probably have this too often. There have been times when my husband, Matt and I have had it for a treat almost every night if we are in
Tips for making this dairy-free banana ice cream
- Make sure the bananas are nice and ripe before slicing and freezing them. The riper the banks are, the sweeter the ice cream will taste.
- Slice up the bananas before freezing them – about 1-inch size slices is good.
- You will want to make sure you use a high-speed blender or a good quality food processor since the frozen bananas take some power to blend up.
- Add extras like peanut butter (like I did in this recipe), cocoa powder, for a chocolate version, or fold in some nuts or mini chocolate chips.
- 3 Frozen sliced bananas
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk to help everything blend
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients (frozen sliced bananas, creamy peanut butter, almond milk and vanilla) into a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until blended into a creamy ice cream consistency. This may take a few minutes and may require scraping the edges to ensure everything is blended well.
- Scoop out, place in ice cream bowls and serve immediately. Top with your favorite ice cream toppings. We love chocolate syrup and mini chocolate chips, caramel and peanuts.
- If you prefer more scoopable ice cream, then spread the blended mixture in a loaf pan, cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Remove , scoop into bowls, top and serve.
Other variations: For Cherry Garcia ice cream flavor skip the peanut butter and add in some frozen cherries (about 1/2 cup) and some mini chocolate chips (1/4 cup) and blend the same way. Top with more mini chocolate chips and serve in ice cream bowls. Be careful, both of these are addicting!
Make sure the bananas are ripe before slicing and freezing them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 40mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 15g Protein: 3g