Dairy-free banana ice cream (nice cream). Creamy frozen bananas blended with a little peanut butter, almond milk and a hint of vanilla. Comes together in minutes, only 150 calories per serving and absolutely delicious!!!!
Don’t we all love a tasty treat now and then? I mean what life is about if you can’t stop to enjoy a delicious bowl of ice cream, right? You deserve it! Well, this Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream is a treat you can have daily if you want.
My kids devour this every time I make it and sometimes they even request it in place of store-bought ice cream. Even though we can all tolerate dairy, I do try not to overeat
WARNING: This is insanely easy and delicious haha!
Another thing you need to know about this
How to freeze bananas for this
Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
- Once the bananas are just turning brown, peel and slice them and place them in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Place them in the freezer for 4-6 hours or longer. Then you will have them on hand for this recipe as well as smoothies. Check out this super Simple Green Smoothie that has frozen bananas, spinach, almond milk, and vanilla. It’s so good and also only has 4 ingredients like this recipe.
What ingredients do you need to make banana ice cream “nice cream”?
- Frozen Sliced Bananas
- Peanut Butter – optional
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Dairy Free Banana Ice Cream
Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse. Takes about a minute or so to get it to a nice and creamy “ice cream like” texture.
It’s kind of magic I think, right? Look at that! Perfectly creamy ice cream made from bananas!!!! No dairy here! Some call it “Nice Cream” since its better for you than traditional ice cream. Call it whatever you want, it’s delicious and pretty much guilt-free and that works for me!!!!
Now, you can eat it this way if you prefer soft serve ice cream. I like to spread this mixture into a loaf pan, cover it and freeze it for about 30-60 minutes so it becomes scoop-able ice cream for the kids.
After it freezes, scoop it out of the pan like regular ice cream. So good!
It’s so amazing, that we probably have this too often. There have been times when my husband, Matt and I have had it for a treat almost every night if we are in the
Tips for making this dairy-free banana ice cream
- Make sure the bananas are nice and ripe before slicing and freezing them. The more ripe the bananas are, the sweeter the ice cream will taste.
- Slice up the bananas before freezing them – about 1-inch size slices is good.
- You will want to make sure you use a high-speed blender or a good quality food processor since the frozen bananas take some power to blend up.
- Add extras like peanut butter (like I did in this recipe), cocoa powder, for a chocolate version, or fold in some nuts or mini chocolate chips.
Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
- Food Processor
- Loaf Pan
- 3 frozen sliced bananas