These are literally the best healthy, gluten free cranberry orange muffins that are super easy to make and so moist and fluffy. This simple recipe results in the perfect hint of tartness from the cranberries mixed in with the sweetness of the maple syrup with an amazing combination of orange zest folded in. Top them off with a crazy good orange glaze for that bakery-style look and taste. This is a must try muffin recipe for sure!
For some reason I am obsessed with making muffins lately and these Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins are now my new favorite for sure!
My family is also obsessed with these Gluten Free Apple Muffins that are also super easy and so addictive.
I was inspired by a muffin I had during my recent trip to CT to see my family and it was so good that I had to try and recreate my own version of course. Easier said then done since this recipe took many, many tries to get it just right but I think I finally nailed it.
You will never know these are gluten free since they are just so moist and fluffy.
The sweet orange glaze on top really takes them to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Why you will love this muffin recipe
- It is an easy super good gluten free muffin recipe everyone will love!
- Only requires a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes to make.
- The burst of flavors of tart+sweet are just everything
- They come out looking like they came straight from a bakery.
- The orange glaze is the perfect topping on these insanely good muffins
- They store great!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make cranberry orange muffins
You can make these muffins in only a few easy steps and they bake in under 20 minutes.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a slightly thick but smooth batter.
- Then fold in the cranberries.
5. Divide the batter between the muffin cups of a 6 or 12 cup muffin pan and top each muffin with a pinch of turbinado sugar.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 17-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
7. You can mix up the glaze, which is optional by adding 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of orange juice to a small bowl and whisking well until it forms a smooth glaze.
8. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins once they have cooled for at least 10-15 minutes.
These muffins are so crazy good and packed with so much orange and cranberry flavor. I just love them!
- Use gluten free all purpose flour like King Arthurs Measure for Measure Flour that already has Xanthum Gum in the mix. Almond flour will not work in this recipe.
- Make sure your baking powder and baking soda are not expired since that can really affect the results of these muffins.
- I used fresh cranberries but frozen, thawed cranberries will also work in this recipe.
- You can use fresh squeezed or store-bought orange juice.
- You can make these muffins in a 6 cup or 12 cup muffin pan. For the 6 cup muffin pan they will take around 22-25 minutes to bake. For the 12 cup muffin pan these will bake in about 17 minutes.
- To make sure the muffins are done, insert a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins and pull it out quickly. If it comes out clean or with wet crumbs on it then they are done.
- Let the muffins cool for at least 10 minutes before you add the glaze, which is optional but totally worth it.
- These muffins can be stored on the counter but not in an airtight container. I like to put mine on a plate and cover them with plastic wrap or foil. They will last for about 2-3 days until they start to become slightly dry.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below.