Kid-friendly Avocado Toast that is a super easy breakfast or snack to get them to eat their veggies and avocado!
Do you LOVE Kid-Friendly food and Avocado Toast? Do you struggle with getting your kids to eat healthier? Well, here you go! A super easy recipe that will have them asking for it on the regular. It’s also a fun cooking activity to get the kids into the kitchen!
I certainly have had a difficult time getting my kids (who are 2 and 5) to eat anything other than pasta, pizza or grilled cheese. Occasionally I can get them to eat apple slices, cucumber or sliced red bell pepper on a good day, which are kid-friendly but for the most part it is a battle that I choose to let them win most of the time. High five if you can relate!
Well, now that they see me cooking much more and trying new things, they are more curious and asking to try a variety of foods. I think my plan is working. Ha ha!
This avocado toast recipe idea came to me in a dream. True story. I woke up the next morning and had to try it to see if my kids would partake. Guess what? They loved it and off to school they went with healthy avocado, whole grain bread and veggies in their bellies. Happy mommy!
It took me a little time to put them together but I already had the chopped onion prepped since I always have it in the fridge, so all I had to do was toast and cut the bread, mash my avocado and chop a few other toppings, so easy. I let the kids cut out a few and spread the avocado and then add their own toppings. They seriously loved it and devoured these! I still cannot believe it!
The key is to toast the bread and then use a cookie cutter to cut out the desired shapes. Great for a weekday breakfast if you have a few extra minutes or some weekend fun. I tried to add an egg on top but the kids were not into. I will take what I can get!
You can add hulled hemp seeds for an extra protein-packed topping as well. My kids loved it!
I hope you try this trick with your kids and let me know in the comments below if they were into it like my kids were.
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 2 cloves of garlic minced (optional)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- the juice of one lime
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices of whole grain bread ( I used Ezekiel bread)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- freshly chopped basil (optional for garnish)
- Place the mashed avocado into a small bowl and add the garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix well. Set side
- Place the bread in the toaster to toast. Once done, cut with cookie cutters to desired shape.
- Spread the avocado on the toast shapes and top with sliced tomatoes, red onion or hulled hemp seeds.
- I also added a little fresh basil.