An easy healthy homemade granola recipe with pumpkin spice that you will use over and over again. Simple clean eating ingredients, only a few steps to make it, and it is gluten-free, easily made vegan, and also low in sugar. Add it to your yogurt bowl or eat it as a cereal with milk. Great for kids and adults. A perfect fall treat!
I am obsessed with everything fall right now, and this homemade granola with pumpkin spice is my new food craving. It is crunchy, sweet and has the most amazing texture. So good on yogurt, on top of ice cream, in a trail mix, or all on its own.
My kids loved it, and so did the rest of my family so that is a win for me!
It also stores great and was fun to make as an activity to do with my boys to get them more into cooking. I am trying to start with simple recipes like this granola, and these healthy gluten free apple muffins.
Why you will love this homemade granola recipe
- Simple ingredients that you probably already have
- Very easy recipe with only a few steps
- Lower in sugar and fat than most traditional granola
- Great crunchy texture
- Perfect salty + sweet combo
- The hint of pumpkin spice is everything
Is granola healthy?
Granola is not necessarily healthy or unhealthy. It is a treat to have once in a while to spice up your yogurt, or grab a quick handful with you’re morning or afternoon coffee.
If, eaten in small amounts then it can be a healthy-ish afternoon or evening snack. Much better for you than eating a packaged granola or granola bar.
This granola recipe is healthier because it is homemade, made from all clean ingredients, and is lower in sugar and fat then most traditional granolas.
I like to keep it in the pantry for when those sweet, crunchy cravings come around.
Can you freeze homemade granola?
Yes! This granola can be frozen. To freeze: Let the granola cool completely, add it to a freezer-friendly bag and lightly press any air pockets out of the bag to prevent freezer burn. Label and store-it in your freezer for up to 2 months.
When ready to eat, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for 30 minutes on the counter and enjoy! You may need to break it up a little bit since it will be stuck together in large chunks.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How To Make Homemade Granola
- Mix up the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix to combine into a slightly wet, very chunky mixture.
3. Pour the mixture evenly in a single layer onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Bake at 325F degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Remove, drizzle it with some maple syrup and toss to coat. Then let it cool a bit before breaking it up. It is so crunchy and packed with warm fall flavors.
I absolutely love it in a bowl of greek yogurt with berries.
How long does homemade granola last?
This granola should be stored in an airtight container in the pantry or refrigerator and will last for up top 2 weeks if it makes it that long, haha.
Recipes tips and variations
- I used Quaker oats brand in this recipe. I prefer rolled oats and did not try this recipe with quick-cooking oats.
- I also used blanched almond flour, which holds the mixture together and gives it a really nice texture like a crumble on a fruit crisp recipe.
- You can use any type of nuts or omit them but I really liked the added texture they give this granola. I used walnuts but I have also tested this recipe with pecans and almonds.
- Coconut sugar in the place of the brown sugar works well in this recipe.
- Melted coconut oil can be used in place of the butter.
- You could also use honey instead of maple syrup if that is what you have on hand.
- You could add in some chocolate chips, or dried fruit after the granola cools to give it even more texture.
- Make sure to use a parchment paper lined baking sheet or the granola will stick to the pan. Trust me, lol!
- You can store this granola in an airtight container in the pantry or refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would Love to hear from you!Print