This super simple crustless ham and broccoli quiche has everything you want in this kind of recipe. Tons of protein from the ham and eggs, texture and nutrition from the broccoli and a touch of cheesy goodness from the gruyere cheese. So much flavor that you will never miss the crust in this low-carb incredible recipe. Something the whole family will love for breakfast, lunch or dinner any day of the week!
I have always loved quiche and made it a lot when I was first married since it was so easy to make and very difficult to mess up, at least for me. Yo can add in any veggies or protein you have left in the fridge with a little eggs and cheese and it would always come out just right.
This is my new lower-carb version without any crust but still with super crispy edges filled with eggy, cheesiness with some healthy steamed broccoli and salty ham mixed in.
Why you will love this ham and broccoli quiche recipe
- It only has 4 ingredients and can be made in under 35 minutes.
- Packed with tons of protein and nutrition to fuel you through your day.
- There is so much flavor and texture that you will never miss the crust!
- The fluffy eggs mixed in with the melty cheese, broccoli and ham is just so good!
- It stores great and is perfect for meal prepping.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make a crustless quiche with Broccoli, ham and eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the pie dish with the steamed broccoli and the cubed, cooked ham.
2. Whisk up the eggs, season them with salt and pepper and pour them evenly over the broccoli and ham, top with the shredded cheese.
3. Bake the quiche for 35-40 minutes until the eggs are set and firm in the middle and the edges are lightly golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
My family went crazy for this quiche and it was a great way to use up that leftover holiday ham. So fast and easy to pull together with only a few minutes of active cooking time, definitely my kind of meal.
Plus it’s healthy, loaded with protein and fiber and low-carb. Which means you can eat it for any meal and still stay on track with your eating and fitness goals, how awesome is that?
Can you make this quiche ahead of time?
This quiche can be made ahead but quite frankly it is is so fast and easy to pull together that you really don’t need to make it in advance.
I used precooked ham (leftover from the holidays) and steamed the broccoli, which I had ready right before making this quiche so you could also do both of those things in advance or just buy precooked, cubed ham at the store to save time.
To make this ahead: Bake it, let it cool completely, cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat a slice in the microwave or you can reheat the entire quiche by warming it up at 325 degrees F in the oven, uncovered for about 20 minutes.
Tips for making crustless quiche
- Use cooked veggies and not raw veggies. Raw veggies will have less flavor and may not get tender when cooked with the egg and cheese. You can mix up the veggies in this recipe and use diced bell peppers, onions, or cooked spinach if you don’t want to use the broccoli or don’t have any.
- You can add a little heavy cream, half and half, or milk to the eggs (about 1/4 cup) to make them even more fluffy. A little extra egg white also works if you don’t want to add in the additional dairy. I didn’t use any extra milk in this recipe and it still came out perfectly fluffy and light.
- To make this recipe vegetarian you can omit the ham and use cooked mushrooms to still give it that meaty flavor.
- Since oven temperatures vary I would cook this quiche between 35-40 minutes, until the edges are nice and golden brown and the eggs are firm and set in the middle. If there is extra moisture on the top after baking it then just blot it lightly with a clean paper towel.
- Before serving let it sit for a few minutes then run a butter knife around the edges to loosen it up before slicing it. Top with freshly chopped parsley or chives to add even more flavor and color.
- This quiche pairs great with a salad for a quick and healthy meal any day of the week!
- To store this quiche let it cool completely, cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Here are some other breakfast recipes using eggs that you may also enjoy
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below.Print