Air fryer turkey bacon is so easy to cook in 10 minutes! It makes a great make-ahead protein for breakfast or for topping on healthy salads or sandwiches. This turkey bacon recipe is a foolproof way to get wonderfully crispy, flavorful bacon every time!
Air Fryer turkey bacon is so tasty and delicious and it can be made in 10 minutes! There really is nothing like it. It comes out perfectly cooked every time and you can even make it ahead and store it for days.
Cooking turkey bacon in the air fryer is the fastest, easiest way that comes out incredibly delicious every time you make it! Once you try it in the air fryer you will be obsessed with it. No need to stand over a hot stove with grease splattering everywhere.
You may also want to try this pork tenderloin in the air fryer as well. Which is so easy and so good!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – it only takes 10 minutes to get perfectly cooked turkey bacon every time!
- Easy cleanup – thanks to the air fryer it makes cleanup a breeze. See below for the air fryer cleaning tips.
- Even cooking – unlike cooking bacon in the oven, bacon in the air fryer comes out evenly cooked and perfectly crispy every, single time.
- Perfect for a fast breakfast – you can make it in minutes and serve it with eggs for a healthy breakfast any day of the week.
Is turkey bacon healthy?
Turkey bacon contains less fat and is slightly healthier than pork bacon. With that being said, it is still processed meat so you should consume it in moderation if you just cannot live without it. There are several brands of turkey bacon you can buy at most grocery stores but here are a few things to look for when you are looking to buy the healthiest turkey bacon.
- You want to make sure it is “uncured” which means it has not gone through the process where nitrates have been added to it. Cured bacon is loaded with preservatives and nitrates.
- Low or no sugar is also important since there is sometimes sugar added to bacon.
- Look for lower sodium since it is easier to digest.
What is the best turkey bacon?
My go-to brand is Applegate Farms Turkey Bacon. It checks all of the “healthy” boxes for me and it is delicious. This is not a sponsored post. I just think it is the best, in my opinion. A few other brands I like are Willshire and Amazon Fresh brands.
Ingredients you will need
Turkey bacon – that’s it! I used sugar-free, nitrate-free bacon but any turkey bacon will work in this recipe.
How to cook air fryer turkey bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Place a few slices of the turkey bacon into the air fryer in a single layer, not overlapping. You can cut the bacon if it doesn’t fit. I was able to fit about 4-5 slices in my 5.6-quart air fryer.
- Close and cook for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees F. I did not feel that the bacon needed to be flipped over halfway through cooking but you can flip it after 5 minutes, for extra crispy bacon.
- Use kitchen tongs to carefully remove the turkey bacon from the air fryer and let it cool for 1-2 minutes then serve and enjoy!
How long to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer?
Most bacon will need to cook in the air fryer for around 8-11 minutes, depending on how crispy you prefer it to be. The first few times you cook bacon in the air fryer, watch it closely and note how long it takes to get to your desired crispness. Then you will get perfectly cooked bacon every single time!
How do you know when bacon is done cooking?
When the turkey bacon is ready it will be dark pinkish brown in color and slightly crispy around the edges. It will firm up and get crispier as it cools.
- For easier cleanup, you can line your air fryer basket with a parchment paper liner.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Make sure to lay the bacon in a single layer with no overlapping. This will ensure all of the pieces get nice and crispy on both sides.
- Check the bacon while it cooks to make sure it does not overcook. I recommend checking it at around 8 minutes and then cooking it more if needed.
- You MUST check the ingredients since not all turkey bacon is created equally. My favorite brand is Applegate Farms Turkey Bacon.
What is the best way to clean grease from the air fryer?
- Using a parchment paper liner should help catch most of the grease if you use a basket air fryer.
- To clean the air fryer basket, fill the basket with about 2 inches of hot water and dish soap. Place the basket into the air fryer and let it run at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes. Then remove the basket immediately and wipe and rinse it out. This is my favorite method for cleaning the air fryer.
- Some air fryer baskets can also be placed into the dishwasher for even easier cleanup. I recommend checking your air fryer manual for the best method to use with your air fryer.
Storing and reheating air fryer turkey bacon
- Storing. You can easily store this air fryer turkey bacon in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheating. To reheat it place it in the microwave and warm it for 15-20 seconds or in the air fryer at around 350 degrees F for 1-2 minutes.
Ways to serve turkey bacon
One of the best things about air fryer turkey bacon is that you can make a bunch and keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days and use it all week long. Here are a few ways I like to use my leftover bacon.
- Heat it up and use it as an extra protein for breakfast with eggs and toast!
- Make a BLT sandwich with it! Yum!
- Use it in these veggie egg white bites.
- Top it on chicken salad for a nice crunchy, salty taste and texture.
- Use it as a topping on deviled eggs or baked potatoes.
- It is also a great addition to any filling like in this stuffed pork tenderloin.
More air fryer recipes to try
- 10 Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- Homemade Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Juicy Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Healthy Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets