This Crustless Asparagus Quiche is made with hearty mushrooms and asparagus layered with eggs and cheese and baked until the edges are golden brown and delicious. It makes the perfect savory breakfast, lunch, or dinner that everyone will love!
- 1 tablepsoon olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms – cleaned and sliced – about 2 cups
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus – chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Heat up a medium skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil on the stove, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté them for 5-7 minutes. Then season them with salt and pepper and remove them from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Chop the asparagus and sauté it in the same pan you cooked the mushrooms in for 3 minutes or until golden and tender and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a medium size bowl, add the milk, and whisk until slightly frothy. Then add in the salt, pepper, cheese, and veggies and mix to combine.
- Pour the cheesy egg and veggie filling into the pie dish in an even layer.
- Arrange the pretty ends of the asparagus on top in any pattern you like, place the quiche in the oven, and bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the middle and top of the quiche are firm and golden.
- Once the asparagus quiche is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a trivet for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. I like to garnish it with chopped parsley or chives and more grated parmesan cheese.
- This quiche stores great in the fridge for up to 3 days and is a perfect meal prep recipe. Easily reheat portions in the microwave or in the oven until warmed through.
- You can switch up the veggies and use whatever you have on hand. Just make sure to cook and cool the veggies before adding them to the egg mixture for the best results.
- Make it dairy-free and use dairy-free milk and cheese or leave out the cheese and just add in an extra egg.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Asparagus quiche, crustless asparagus quiche, crustless quiche, mushroom asparagus quiche, asparagus quiche recipe