Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are seasoned in a delicious herb butter and then oven roasted until tender and golden. They make a wonderfully healthy, filling side dish that goes great with chicken, fish, or pork. Gluten-free, paleo, and easily made vegan.
Roasted potatoes and carrots are packed with flavor and are so filling and satisfying. Whenever I make this recipe, my family devours the entire pan! It pairs well with chicken, pork, or seafood and the potatoes and carrots get perfectly golden every time!
Plus, everyone I know is always looking for a quick and easy side dish to make and serve with their meals. Some of my favorites are broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peas, and carrots, and these are flavorful roasted potatoes and carrots.
The herb butter sauce takes this dish to a whole new level of deliciousness!
For a lower carb version of this recipe try these Air Fryer Carrots that are equally as easy and flavorful.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – ready in under 30 minutes!
- Healthy and filling – loaded with fiber and nutrition.
- Perfect side dish – roasted potatoes and carrots pair great with almost anything.
- Great for meal prep – make it ahead and reheat it when you are ready to enjoy it!
Ingredients needed for roasted potatoes and carrots
- Baby potatoes – about 1 pound of baby Yukon gold or red potatoes.
- Carrots – about 1 pound of fresh, whole-bagged carrots.
- Butter – unsalted butter.
- Herbs – fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Garlic – fresh cloves of garlic.
- Salt and pepper – used to season and add even more flavor.
How to make oven-roasted potatoes and carrots
You can make these oven-roasted potatoes and carrots in only a few simple steps in under 30 minutes.
- Make the herb butter.
- Cut and season the potatoes and carrots.
- Roast the potatoes and carrots until tender and golden. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients and instructions in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
Tips for Success
Here are some key tips for making perfectly roasted potatoes and carrots every time!
- Whole carrots work best – baby carrots will work in this recipe but will cook faster than potatoes. I find that using whole carrots is best since you can use larger ones and cut them into bigger pieces so they cook at the same time as the potatoes. They also have much more flavor than baby carrots.
- Baby Yukon gold potatoes are best – they just cook faster. You could also use baby red potatoes.
- Rainbow carrots work great too but may be harder to find.
- Cut the potatoes smaller so they cook at the same time as the carrots.
Storing and reheating suggestions
These roasted potatoes and carrots can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Easily reheat portions in the microwave until warmed through.
Do carrots and potatoes cook at the same time?
Typically potatoes will take longer to cook than carrots. To make sure they cook at the same time, cut the potatoes smaller and cut the carrots a little thicker than you normally would.
What potatoes are best for roasting?
Yukon gold potatoes are best since they have a thinner skin and cook fairly quickly. Red potatoes also work great!
Flavor variations for roasted potatoes and carrots
You will love this recipe as is but here are a few ways to change it up!
- Veggies – add some broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts for more color and even more nutrition.
- Herbs – I used rosemary and thyme but you could also use some sage in the butter sauce. Parsley would be great to top the potatoes and carrots after they cook.
- Cheese – add some grated parmesan cheese for a nice cheesy flavor addition to this dish.
- Add a delicious sauce for topping the veggies. Having a sauce on the side to drizzle over the potatoes and carrots just makes them a little bit more fancy and fun to eat. My favorite sauces for topping veggies like these 5 Minute Green Goddess Dressing, Romesco Sauce, or this Easy Homemade Lemon Basil Pesto.
How to serve roast potatoes and carrots
Roasted potatoes and carrots make a great side dish that you can pair with so many things to round out your meals. Here are a few suggestions for what to pair it with.
- 15 Minutes Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast
- 10 Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- The Best Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
- Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
Other Healthy Side Dishes
- Easy 15 Minute Air Fryer Carrots Fries
- Best Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Easy Maple Glazed Butternut Squash
- Amazing Carrot Raisin Salad
I hope you try this roasted potatoes and carrots recipe. If you do, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print