This Chicken Burger recipe is packed with greek inspired flavors and is perfectly grill-able and delicious. Wonderfully seasoned and it makes a great addition to any family weeknight meal. Low-carb and gluten free.
Ground chicken may look bland and boring in the grocery store but you can easily jazz it up to make insanely delicious recipes like this super juicy and flavor packed Grilled Chicken Burger. Mixing it in with some fresh veggies, herbs and spices takes this ground chicken from not so tasty to crazy delicious.
This baby has so much flavor, tons of nutrition from the lean ground chicken, herbs and veggies and is so super easy to make. You can make them in advance and grill them up for a quick and easy dinner or whip them up in minutes, let them chill for a few then to the grill you go!
My husband fell in love with this healthy ground chicken burger recipe and has requested it weekly, it’s that good. The greek inspired flavors of the spinach, dill, tzatziki sauce, cucumber and garlic are everything in this recipe. Add in some zippy sun dried tomatoes and it is just the perfect little burger that everyone will love.
Reasons to love this recipe
- It’s a fun and delicious twist for burger night
- Gluten free and low in carbs (if you enjoy it between some lettuce leaves)
- Packed with crazy good greek flavors
- You can make it ahead
- Great for meal prepping
- Loaded with lean protein, healthy fats and vitamins
Are Grilled Chicken Burgers Healthy?
Yes! These burgers are made with healthy lean ground chicken, lots of veggies like spinach and red onion and healthy fats like olive oil, feta cheese and Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce.
They are loaded with protein and vitamins and are a great healthy and hearty meal your whole family will love. Plus this burger recipe contains no breadcrumbs which makes this chicken burger recipe lower in carbs and gluten free!
Ingredients needed to make a homemade chicken burger
How to make a homemade chicken burger
- In a medium bowl, add all burger ingredients and mix well until fully combined. It is helpful to use your hands for this step.
- Form the burger mixture into 4-5 even size patties and place the burger patties onto a clean plate.
- Cover the burgers and chill them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat and brush the burgers with some olive oil to prevent sticking. Cook the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Then it is time to assemble and serve the burgers with your favorite buns and toppings of choice. I used store-bought tzatziki sauce, sliced red onion, sliced cucumber and sliced tomato to top the burgers.
Can you freeze chicken burgers?
This chicken burger can be made ahead and frozen for up to one month. To freeze these burgers, form the patties and place them between parchment paper in a freezer-friendly container and freeze for up to one month. When ready to cook or grill let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then cook as directed in this recipe.
Can you cook these burgers in the oven?
You can cook these burgers in the oven but I prefer to grill them in a grill pan or cook them in a nonstick pan on the stovetop. To cook them in the oven, place the burgers onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake them in a 400F degree preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
This chicken burger is great on it’s own but here are some fun meal additions that I love to serve with these chicken burgers.
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Crispy Paleo Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy 15 Minute Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Easy Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Easy Baked Eggplant Fries
- Healthy Baked Beet Chips
More healthy burger recipes to try!
- Press your thumb down in the center of each burger patty. This will help the burgers cook more evenly.
- Use your hands to mix the burger mixture. This will help combine the ingredients better but it will be a little bit messier. If you want, you can use some thin plastic gloves over your hands to keep your hands clean while mixing or just wash your hands really well after you mix the ingredients together.
- Don’t press down on the burgers with your spatula as they are cooking or you will squeeze all of the moisture out of them.
- Cut the veggies into small pieces so they mix better with the ground chicken and help the burgers stay together when cooked.
- You can use fresh or frozen spinach with the extra water squeezed out, just make sure you chop the spinach into small pieces before adding it to the burger mixture.
- Use a 1/3-1/2 cup measuring cup to form the burger mixture into even size chicken burger patties. I used a heaping 1/3 cup measuring cup.
- Let the burgers chill before cooking so they hold together better.
- You can easily make these burgers ahead of time and keep them covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours before grilling or cooking.
- You can cook these burgers in a nonstick pan or on the grill or grill pan. Just make sure you spray the pan or grill with cooking spray and brush the burgers with a little olive oil on both sides to prevent them from sticking.
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how your’s turned out!Print