This perfectly cooked Cajun Salmon is a quick, healthy dinner you can whip up in 10 minutes. It only requires 4 ingredients and it is loaded with flavor.
I LOVE salmon because it is a delicious and healthy protein you can make quickly and it is loaded with all the good things like healthy fats, lean protein, Vitamin B6 and Potassium. Check out this article on the benefits of eating salmon to learn more.
Ingredients needed to make this healthy Cajun Salmon
What ingredients are in Cajun Seasoning?
You can take the shortcut and use store-bought Cajun Seasoning like I did in this recipe, or you can make your own Cajun Seasoning. Here is what you will need to make it:
- Garlic powder (1 tablepsoon)
- Onion powder (1 tablespoon)
- Paprika (3 tablepsoons)
- Chili Powder or cayenne pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Oregano (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
How to make Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Combine the Cajun Seasoning with the olive oil and set aside.
- Pat the salmon dry with a clean paper towel, then brush the salmon all over with the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray it with some cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place the salmon into the air fryer and cook it at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Once it is done, remove it from the air fryer and serve it immediately with your favorite sides.
What to serve with this salmon
There are so many healthy side dishes you can serve with cajun salmon. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
You can also break up the salmon into chunks and use it to make salmon tacos.
- Use salmon filets that are 4-6 ounces each. I like to make 4 at a time and use the rest as my meal prep for the week.
- Dry the salmon with a clean paper towel before you season it. This will allow the seasoning to stick better and it get’s the salmon nice and crispy around the edges when it cooks.
- Check the salmon around 6 minutes to make sure you don’t need to adjust the cook time.
- To store this salmon, let it cool completely after cooking it then transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can easily reheat portions in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- To make this recipe in the oven: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place the seasoned salmon onto a baking tray. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 8-10 minutes.
More healthy salmon recipes to try
- Easy Sheet Pan Salmon with Green Beans and Potatoes
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties with Fennel Apple Slaw
- Quick and Easy Salmon Salad
- Easy Salmon Tacos
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print