This succulent air fryer salmon is seasoned simply with oil, salt, and pepper and is cooked in the air fryer until golden, juicy and delicious. It is the best way to cook salmon that comes out perfectly every time in just 10 minutes! It makes the best low-carb, healthy protein that goes with so many other dishes.
Salmon is one of my favorite proteins and cooking it in the air fryer is my go-to, foolproof method for cooking it perfectly every time. I have shared a lot of great air fryer salmon recipes with you all like this air fryer cajun salmon , air fryer salmon bites, and these air fryer salmon patties.
Now, I am finally sharing my absolute favorite salmon recipe which is so simple and is the one I make the most often. I love that it only requires a few ingredients and cooks until wonderfully juicy, succulent, flavorful, and flaky in about 10 minutes!
Plus, it is packed with protein, vitamins, and healthy fat! Making it a wonderful addition to any meal!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple and easy
- Falvorful, juicy salmon every time!
- Quick – the salmon cooks in about 10 minutes!
- Versatile – you can easily switch up the seasoning and use whatever kind you like.
- Healthy – this recipe is packed with protein, healthy fat, and vitamins.
Air fryer salmon ingredients
- Salmon – fresh, wild-caught salmon filets work best in this recipe.
- Avocado oil – to brush on the salmon so it gets perfectly crispy on the outside.
- Salt & pepper – to add amazing flavor to the fish.
How To make air fryer salmon
- Prepare the salmon: Rinse the salmon lightly under cold water then pat each filet dry with a clean paper towel. Brush each filet all over with avocado oil then season each filet well with salt and pepper.
- Cook: Place the salmon into a preheated air fryer and cook it at 400 degrees F for 9-11 minutes. Note: the cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your salmon filets. A 6 oz salmon filet that is about 1 inch thick will take around 10 minutes to fully cook. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve: enjoy this salmon right away with a squeeze of lemon along with your favorite side dishes.
Ways to serve air fried salmon
- Salad – A fresh salad is the perfect side to serve with this recipe since it is light and vibrant and you can easily throw it together while the salmon is cooking. Try it with this easy beet and goat cheese salad or this strawberry kale salad for a healthy weeknight meal.
- Veggies – All fish, of course, goes great with any roasted veggies like roasted mushrooms or zucchini.
- Potatoes – We love to serve this with a potato side for a heartier meal. Try it with these smashed potatoes, sweet potatoes or oven roasted potatoes and asparagus.
Tips for making salmon in the air fryer
- Select salmon filets that are similar in size and thickness so they cook evenly and at the same time. In this recipe, I used 2-6 oz salmon filets that were about 1.5 inches thick each.
- Season it well. You want to lightly brush the salmon all over with the oil then season it well, on both sides with the salt and pepper for perfectly crispy, well-flavored salmon.
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer. Place the salmon about 1.5-2 inches apart so it gets nice and crispy all over. If it is touching then some of the sides of it will not crisp up as nicely.
- Spray the basket with non-aerosol cooking spray to prevent sticking. If you are using salmon filets that have the skin on them they may stick to your air fryer basket. So make sure to spray the basket first before adding the fish so this doesn’t happen.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a great question and it really depends on a number of factors like budget, aesthetics, plus how many people you will be cooking for most of the time. I have a family of four and I love the Cosori 5.6 quart air fryer. It is the perfect size for my family and it cleans very well. I have also heard that the Instant Plus Vortex Air Fryer is great!
You can use frozen salmon, but I really think that fresh salmon delivers the best results. If you are using frozen salmon then make sure to thaw it according to the package instructions then follow these air fryer salmon recipe steps.
It just results in the most perfectly cooked salmon that is flavorful, succulent, and tender every time. Using the air fryer to cook salmon is pretty much a foolproof method, especially if you are new to cooking fish.
This will depend on the size and thickness of your salmon. In general, most salmon will cook between 9-11 minutes. For example, if you are using 6 oz salmon filets that are about 1-1.5 inches thick each then it will take about 10 minutes for them to cook in the air fryer.
You can easily cook and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It reheats nicely in the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Sausage and Veggies
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Amazing Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Other Salmon Recipes To Try
- Quick and Easy Salmon Salad
- Sheet Pan Salmon With Green Beans and Potatoes
- Easy Salmon Tacos
- Grilled Salmon Kabobs
I cannot wait for you you guys to try this air fryer salmon recipe! It is just so delicious and perfect for a light and fast meal you can make any day of the week. It is also great for meal prep!
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print