These easy salmon tacos can be made in 20 minutes for a healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love! Made with taco-seasoned tender, flaky salmon piled inside warm corn tortillas, topped with a creamy, crunchy cilantro lime slaw.
If you like quick and easy, healthy weeknight recipes then you are going to love these salmon tacos. You can make them in 20 minutes, the salmon is seasoned well and roasted to perfection before flaking it into gorgeous chunks of fish piled inside charred corn tortillas.
For the finishing touch and to add a cool, crunchy topping, we love a creamy cilantro lime slaw on top of the salmon with a nice drizzle of more lime juice and some cilantro.
Plus, what is better then taco night!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – ready in 20 minutes!
- Flavorful and delicious – the salmon is perfectly seasoned, tender and juicy.
- Creamy and crunchy topping – the creamy, refreshing, and tangy slaw is amazing!
- Healthy – this salmon tacos recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and packed with protein!
Ingredients needed for salmon tacos
- Salmon – fresh, wild-caught salmon is best. You can use a large flank of salmon like I did or filets. If you use smaller portions of salmon then they will take less time to cook.
- Avocado oil – to allow the seasoning to stick to the salmon and help it crisp up when it is roasted.
- Taco seasoning – You can use homemade taco seasoning or store-bought to give the salmon incredible flavor.
- Green cabbage – store-bought, shredded cabbage works in a pinch, or you can buy and shred your own. Shredded romaine lettuce also works.
- Cucumber – to add some for extra crunch to the slaw. Diced green bell peppers will also work.
- Cilantro lime dressing – I made homemade cilantro dressing but store-bought will also work. I like Primal Kitchen brand.
- Corn tortillas – I used sprouted corn tortillas that are gluten-free but any will work in this recipe. You can even use flour tortillas.
- Cilantro – for the slaw as well as a garnish for the tacos.
How to make salmon tacos
You can make these salmon fish tacos in 20 minutes in only a few simple steps.
- Season and cook the salmon. Pat the salmon dry and brush it with avocado oil all over. Place it skin-side down on the baking sheet and sprinkle it with the taco seasoning. Use your hands to rub the seasoning all over the salmon. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Make the coleslaw. In a medium bowl combine the shredded cabbage, diced cucumber, cilantro, and the dressing and toss to coat everything in the dressing.
- Assemble the tacos. Chunk the salmon up using a fork, char some tortillas on the stovetop then pile the salmon into the tortillas and top with the slaw. Enjoy!
If you are new to cooking salmon and are intimidated by roasting it then I suggest trying it in the air fryer since it is a little easier and quicker.
What to serve with salmon tacos?
The mild taco seasoning of the salmon makes it ideal for pairing it with other mexican inspired dishes. The creamy cilantro slaw is the perfect topping for these tacos but here are a few other ideas for what to serve with them.
- Fresh tomato salsa and tortilla chips
- Spicy mango salsa
- Creamy green goddess dressing
- Avocado ranch dressing
- Fennel Apple Slaw
If you have leftover cooked salmon then you can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat it in the microwave or in the oven at 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
You can also store the coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days as well.
More healthy salmon recipes to try
- Quick and easy salmon salad
- Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Salmon patties
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Teriyaki Air Fryer Salmon Bites
Did you make this salmon tacos recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print