This oven-roasted boneless turkey breast is simply seasoned and slowly roasted until wonderfully juicy and tender. It comes out perfectly cooked every time with golden crispy skin and flavorful meat. It is a great option for the holidays or a weekend dinner everyone will love!
Roasting a whole turkey is exciting but did you know you can roast a boneless turkey breast that is just as good in a fraction of the time? Turkey breast roasted in the oven is so quick and easy to do. It is great for a smaller holiday gathering and the turkey comes out wonderfully moist and flavorful every single time!
Why You’ll Love This Turkey Breast Recipe
- Easy to make – This recipe is very simple to make, featuring just a handful of ingredients. It offers a straightforward method to prepare a mouthwatering turkey breast, making it a quicker and more convenient alternative to roasting a whole turkey.
- Juicy and flavorful – the turkey comes out perfectly seasoned with juicy succulent meat and a wonderful crispy skin every, single time!
- Great all year round – one of the best parts about this recipe is that you can get boneless turkey breast all year round so you can make it any time, not just for the holidays!
- Why You’ll Love This Turkey Breast Recipe
- How To Roast Boneless Turkey Breast In The Oven
- Tips for the best roast turkey breast
- Boneless turkey breast recommended cooking times
- Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Storing and Reheating
- Ways to use turkey breast
- More Holiday Recipes
- Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast
- Boneless turkey breast – you will need a boneless turkey breast with the skin on it since that helps keep the meat nice and moist. I used two smaller turkey breasts that were about 2.5 lbs each but you could also use one larger turkey breast as well, which I have also tried. Note: in some grocery stores it may be found in the frozen meats section.
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil is used to season the turkey and keep the meat from drying out while it cooks.
- Spices – Paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are used to flavor the meat.
- Lemons – lemon slices are used in this recipe to create a nice roasting rack for the turkey breast that gives it this incredibly moist and flavorful result that is so tasty.
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients and instructions in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
How To Roast Boneless Turkey Breast In The Oven
- Mix up the oil and seasoning in a small bowl.
2. Prepare the turkey breast by drying it really well then brush the seasoning all over it, even under the skin. Note: if the turkey breast is wrapped in netting then you can leave it wrapped or remove it before seasoning it.
4. Roast the boneless turkey breast at 350°F for 45-60 minutes, increase oven temperature to 375°F, and cook it until it is golden, about 10 more minutes. The turkey is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
Let the turkey rest for at least 20 minutes, then slice and serve it with your favorite side dishes.
Tips for the best roast turkey breast
- Dry the turkey well before seasoning it. You can use clean paper towels to pat it dry. This will allow the seasoning to stick to the turkey better for the best flavor.
- Season it well. Boneless turkey breast is a lean meat that requires seasoning for good flavor so cover the entire turkey breast all over in the seasoning. Make sure to get some of the seasoning under the skin as well.
- Don’t overcook it. Since the size of the turkey breast you are using will vary as well as the oven you are using, I recommend checking the meat at around 45 minutes and then continuing cooking it from there. I have tested this recipe with a few different-sized boneless turkey breasts and it took between 60-90 minutes for various sizes to cook. See cooking time suggestions below.
- Let it rest. After the turkey breast is done cooking, it is important to remove it from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before you slice it. The rest time allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a juicier, more succulent turkey.
Boneless turkey breast recommended cooking times
- 2 to 3 pounds (0.9 to 1.4 kg) – Roast for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3 to 4 pounds (1.4 to 1.8 kg) – Roast for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
- 4 to 5 pounds (1.8 to 2.3 kg) – Roast for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
- 5 to 6 pounds (2.3 to 2.7 kg) – Roast for approximately 2 to 2.5 hours.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
Here are some variations you can try for this turkey breast recipe.
- Change up the seasoning – you can use any seasoning you like, such as poultry seasoning, Mediterranean spices, cajun spices, or garlic herbs.
- Use butter instead of olive oil – you can use softened butter in place of the olive oil, mix in the spices, and use your hands to rub it all over the turkey.
- Honey mustard – coat the turkey in a mixture of Dijon mustard mixed with honey, garlic, and fresh thyme for a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Orange cranberry turkey breast – make a glaze by reducing fresh cranberries in a pot with orange juice, a little maple syrup, or brown sugar and cinnamon for a delicious festive twist.
- Citrus-Glazed Turkey Breast – Combine orange or lemon zest, juice, honey, and a touch of Dijon mustard to create a sweet and tangy glaze for the turkey.
How do you prevent turkey from drying out?
Select a high-quality turkey with its skin intact. Use a reliable meat thermometer to check the turkey’s internal temperature in the thickest part as it nears completion. Basting the turkey during cooking, seasoning it with fats like oil or butter, and allowing it to rest before slicing are effective methods to retain moisture and prevent drying.
What is the best temperature to cook boneless turkey breast in the oven?
I actually tested this recipe at a couple of different temperatures and found that starting it at around 350°F and then increasing the temperature to 375°F for the last few minutes of cooking, yielded the best results. Ovens do vary, so you may need to make it 1-2 times to get an idea of the best time and temp for your oven.
How many people will a boneless turkey breast feed?
For boneless turkey breast, you can plan for about 0.5 to 0.75 pounds (0.23 to 0.34 kg) per person. For 8 people, you’d need around 4 to 6 pounds (1.8 to 2.7 kg) of boneless turkey breast.
Can I use a bone-in turkey breast?
Cooking a bone-in turkey breast is similar to cooking a boneless turkey breast, but there are some differences to consider due to the presence of bones, which can affect cooking time and technique. Prepare the turkey breast the same as the boneless but cook it 15-20 minutes per pound. Let it rest 20 minutes before carving and it should be delicious.
Storing and Reheating
Storing: To store leftovers, let the turkey cool completely then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezing: To freeze cooked turkey breast, let it cool completely, then store it in a freezer-friendly container or bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure to slice it before you freeze it.
Reheating: Cooked turkey from the fridge can be reheated in portions in the microwave until warmed through. From the freezer, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator then reheat it in the microwave. You can also reheat it on a pan in the oven at 325°F. To reheat it on the stovetop, place it in a pan, with some broth to add back some moisture that may have been lost due to storage, and cook it until warmed through.
Ways to use turkey breast
- In turkey salad
- Sandwiches and wraps
More Holiday Recipes
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
- Holiday Ham
- Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Whole Roasted Chicken
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
Did you try this boneless turkey breast recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below and let me know how yours turned out!Print