For the fajitas
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into strips – you can also use chicken thighs
- 1 medium red bell pepper – cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper – cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper – cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion – peeled and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Mashed avocado with lime and salt
- Shredded cheese
- Season the chicken and veggies. Add the sliced chicken and veggies to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with the fajita seasoning. Toss to coat everything in the oil and seasoning.
- Cook the chicken and veggies. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (if needed). Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray. Place the seasoned chicken and veggies into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F shaking and tossing halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve the fajitas. Remove the cooked chicken and veggies from the air fryer and transfer them to a platter or plate. Serve with corn tortillas, avocado, salsa, lime and cilantro.
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer. Some overlapping is okay but make sure you do not over fill the air fryer basket. You may need to cook this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- The chicken and veggies should only take 10 minutes to cook but may cook faster if you cut them smaller, so I suggest checking the chicken at around 8 minutes to ensure it does not over cook.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air fryer chicken fajitas, chicken fajitas, fajitas, chicken fajita recipe