Healthy homemade Easy Spicy Mango Salsa! Fresh diced mango mixed with crunchy red bell pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. All finished off with lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, agave, salt, and pepper. The perfect side salad, party appetizer, or just for a quick snack. Vegan, gluten-free and so good!!!
Warmer weather means salsa, salsa and lots of it! Don’t forget the chips and margaritas. Best summer combo ever!
Add sweet fruit to the salsa and it is the perfect party no matter where you are. If you have never tried your hand at making a Spicy Mango Salsa then this recipe is for you and you can pair it with a spicy classic margarita. You’re welcome!
It’s super simple and only has a few ingredients. Refreshing sweet mango, tangy bright lime, sweet red bell peppers, crunchy sliced red onion, and the perfect hint of spice from the jalapeño. Finished off with cilantro and a squeeze of lime makes this the perfect appetizer, side salad, topping, whatever you want it to be.
Why you will love this recipe
- It’s so easy my kids can make this and they are 5 and 7.
- The colors are so bright and beautiful, it just screams summer!
- The combo of sweet and spicy flavors is everything.
- Perfectly pairs with chips for an easy appetizer or on top of grilled fish or chicken.
- It’s both vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy it!
Ingredients to make this Easy Spicy Mango Salsa
Now, don’t be intimated by the fact that you have to cut up a mango. It is very easy because if it wasn’t then I would just buy the store-bought mango salsa and call it a day.
Did you get me? So I am going to show you how to cut up a mango in just a few easy steps.
Here we go!
How to easily cut up a mango
Start by cutting off the end to help the mango stand up and stabilize it.
Then use a sharp knife to slice the skin off. Continue all around the mango until you have trimmed off all of the skin.
Now it’s time to slice it up. FYI…there is a pit in the center. So instead of trying to cut the pit out, I like to just cut around it.
To do this, slice off the sides or cheeks of the mango and dice them up. Then slice around the rest of the mango to get all that mango goodness and toss the pitted center. You will be able to feel the pit as you slice through.
Wasn’t that easy? No mango slicer needed here!
So worth it since mangoes are pretty good for you.
Health benefits of eating mangoes
- Help prevent diseases like cancer
- Can help clear up your skin – thank you vitamins
- Lower cholesterol – fiber, pectin, and vitamin C are to thank for this
- Alkaline your body to help make it a disease and inflammation-fighting machine!
YIPPEEE for Mangoes!!!!
Now onto how to make this amazing Spicy Mango Salsa.
How to make Spicy Mango Salsa
- Dice up the mango and the veggies. I used red bell peppers, red onion, and jalapeños.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss everything together. Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro.
Uses for Mango Salsa
- Topping for so many things like; salads, tacos, grilled fish, or chicken.
- Eat as a side or a salad all on its own
- Serve as an appetizer with tortilla chips – my personal fave!
- Enjoy it as a snack with some cucumber slices or diced avocado
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you!Print
Healthy homemade salsa! Fresh diced mango mixed with crunchy red bell pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. All finished off with lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, agave, salt, and pepper. The perfect side salad, party appetizer, or just for a quick snack. Vegan, gluten-free and so good!!!
- 2 ripe mangoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- the juice of 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add diced mangoes, diced red bell pepper, diced red onion and diced and seeded jalapeños to a medium-size mixing bowl and toss. Add in the minced garlic and some salt and pepper and toss.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl mix together the red wine vinegar, juice of a lime, olive oil, agave or honey, chili powder, and some more salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the mangoes and veggies and toss to coat. Top with minced cilantro and an extra squeeze of lime.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or sliced cucumbers or even as a side salad or topping on your favorite protein.
- This stores great in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Pairs great with tortilla chips or sliced cucumber.
- Add it to any dish to give it some pizazz!!!
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Mexican