Easy Spicy Mango Salsa made with fresh diced mango, crunchy red bell pepper, purple onion, garlic, and cilantro. All finished off with lime, red wine vinegar, agave, salt, and pepper. It makes the perfect healthy snack or appetizer that is ready in 10 minutes. Vegan, gluten-free and so good!!!
Easy Spicy Mango Salsa is what you need for those warmer weather month’s. It just makes the best cool and refreshing healthy addition to almost any meal that is grilled or enjoyed poolside.
There is just something about fresh salsa that screams ” IT’s A PARTY!”. No matter where you are or what time of year it is, right? Pair it with some tortilla chips and it is just a fun way to share some good food with anyone.
This simple mango salsa recipe only requires a few ingredients like fresh sweet mango, tangy bright lime, sweet red bell peppers, crunchy sliced purple onion, and the perfect hint of spice from the jalapeño. Finished off with cilantro and a squeeze of lime which makes this the perfect appetizer, side salad, topping, whatever you want it to be.
It is also just so beautiful and colorful, which will make everyone want to dig right in!
Why you will love this mango salsa recipe
- It’s so easy to make!
- Perfect summer recipe!
- The combo of sweet and spicy flavors is everything.
- Pairs perfectly with chips for an easy appetizer or on top of grilled fish or chicken.
- It’s both vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy it!
- You can make it in 10 minutes or less!
Ingredients needed to make this Mango Salsa
- Mangoes – Fresh mango is best in this recipe
- Red bell pepper – you can also use green bell pepper
- Purple onion – or yellow onion
- Jalapeño – this is optional if you prefer a less spicy salsa
- Lime – you will need both the zest and juice
- Agave – or maple syrup or honey
- Garlic – you can also use store bought, minced garlic as a shortcut
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper – kosher salt and ground black pepper
Are mangoes good for you?
Yes they are! Like all fruits and veggies, mangoes have a good amount of nutrition and they are so delicious.
- Help prevent diseases like cancer
- Can help clear up your skin – thank you vitamins
- Lowers cholesterol – fiber, pectin, and vitamin C are to thank for this
- Alkaline your body to help make it a disease and inflammation-fighting machine!
Now, don’t be intimated by the fact that you have to cut up a mango. It is very easy because if it wasn’t then I would just buy the store-bought mango salsa and call it a day. Just make sure the mangoes are nice and ripe.
How to pick a ripe mango
- The color of the mango should be mostly light orange with some green and yellow.
- Give the mangoes a slight squeeze, they should be sightly soft to the touch and not hard.
- You want a heavier mango since it will likely have more flavor as well.
Now I am going to show you how to cut up a mango in just a few easy steps.
Here we go!
How to cut a mango
- Start by cutting off the end to help the mango stand up and stabilize it and give it some feet or a nice flat base.
- Then use a sharp knife to slice the skin off by slicing down the mango along the curve of the fruit. Continue all around the mango until you have trimmed off all of the skin.
- Now it’s time to slice it up. FYI…there is a pit in the center. So instead of trying to cut the pit out, I like to just cut around it. To do this, slice off the sides or cheeks of the mango and dice them up. Then slice around the rest of the mango to get all that mango goodness and toss the pitted center. You will be able to feel the pit as you slice through.
Wasn’t that easy? No mango slicer needed here!
So worth it since mangoes are pretty good for you and this spicy mango salsa is legit amazing!
Now onto how to make this amazing Spicy Mango Salsa.
How to make Spicy Mango Salsa
- Dice up the mango and the rest of the veggies. I used red bell peppers, purple onion, garlic and jalapeños and add them to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (lime zest and juice, agave, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper) and toss everything together. Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with tortilla chips or on top of your favorite grilled chicken, fish or veggies.
Uses for Mango Spicy Salsa
- Topping for so many things like; salads, tacos, grilled fish, or chicken.
- Eat as a side or a salad all on its own
- Serve as an appetizer with homemade chips, or veggies – my personal fave!
- Enjoy it as a snack with some cucumber slices or diced avocado.
You can easily store this spicy mango salsa for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I do not recommend freezing it since it will lose it’s flavor and get mushy when you defrost it.
- Use ripe mangoes – Select mangoes that are tender to the touch with a mix of green and red skin, letting you know it is perfectly ripe. You want the mango to be ripe but not too mushy so you can easily peel and dice it up for this salsa.
- You can use honey, maple syrup or agave to slightly sweeten this salsa or leave it out all together if you want to keep it lower in sugar.
- When cutting up the jalapeño make sure you use a spoon to remove the ribs and seeds unless you want this salsa to be extra spicy.
- This mango salsa can be served cold or at room temperature.
More mango recipes
Other vegan recipes to try!
Did you make this spicy mango salsa recipe? If you did, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you!Print