Healthy homemade Easy Spicy Mango Salsa! Fresh diced mango mixed with crunchy cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, garlic and cilantro. All finished off with lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, agave, salt and pepper. The perfect side salad, party appetizer or just for a quick snack. Vegan, gluten-free and so good!!!
Warmer weather means salsa, salsa and lot’s of it! Don’t forget the chips and margaritas. Best summer combo ever! Add sweet fruit to the salsa and it is the perfect party no matter where you are. If you have never tried your hand at making a Spicy Mango Salsa then this recipe is for you and you can pair it with a spicy classic margarita. You’re welcome!
It’s super simple and only has a few ingredients. Refreshing sweet mango, tangy bright lime, sweet red bell peppers, crunchy sliced red onion and the perfect hint of spice from the jalapeño. Finished off with cilantro and a squeeze of lime makes this the perfect appetizer, side salad, topping, whatever you want it to be.
Now don’t be intimated by the fact that you have to cut up a mango. It is very easy, because if it wasn’t then I would just buy the store bought mango salsa and call it a day. You got me? So I am going to show you how to cut up a mango in just a few easy steps.
Here we go!
How to easily cut up a mango
Start by cutting off the end to help the mango stand up and stabilize it.
Then use a sharp knife to slice the skin the off. Continue all around the mango until you have trimmed off all of the skin.
Now it’s time to slice it up. FYI…there is a pit in the center. So instead of trying to cut the pit out I like to just cut around it. To do this, slice off the sides or cheeks of the mango and dice them up. Then slice around the rest of the mango to get all that mango goodness and toss the pitted center. You will be able to feel the pit as you slice through.
Wasn’t that easy? No mango slicer needed here!
Now I would like to interrupt this mango cutting tutorial with a quick tidbit about the health benefits of eating mangoes. You know, because there are some pretty hefty benefits that I think you need to know.
Health benefits of eating mangoes
- Help prevent diseases like cancer
- Can help clear up your skin – thank you vitamins
- Lower cholesterol – fiber, pectin and vitamin C are to thank for this
- Alkaline your body to help make it a disease and inflammation fighting machine!
YIPPEEE for Mangoes!!!!
Now onto how to make this amazing Spicy Mango Salsa.
How to make Spicy Mango Salsa
Dice up the mango and the veggies. I used red bell peppers, cucumbers, red onion and jalapeños.
Toss them together and top with the dressing made up of lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, agave, garlic, salt and pepper.
Finish it off with chopped cilantro and squeeze of lime and you will be in Spicy Mango Salsa heaven. So refreshing and the perfect side salad or appetizer for the summer!
Uses for Mango Salsa
- Topping for so many things like; salads, tacos, tofu (especially crispy baked tofu)
- Eat as a side or a salad all on it’s own
- Serve as an appetizer with tortilla chips – my personal fave!
- Enjoy it as a snack with some cucumber slices or diced avocado
I hope you try this recipe out and let me know what you think!!!!!!
You may also like:
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 2 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Add diced mangoes, diced cucumbers, diced red bell pepper, diced red onion and diced and seeded jalapeños to a medium size mixing bowl and toss. Add in the minced garlic and some salt and pepper and toss.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl mix together the red wine vinegar, juice of a lime, olive oil, agave or honey, chili powder and some more salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the mangoes and veggies and toss to coat.
- Top with minced cilantro and an extra squeeze of lime.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or sliced cucumbers or even as a side salad or topping on your favorite protein.
This stores great in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Pairs great with tortilla chips or sliced cucumber.
Add it to any dish to give it some pizazz!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 69mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 20g Protein: 1g