Easy Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice. Fluffy riced cauliflower, roasted in the oven and mixed with salty olives, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, and fresh parsley. All generously covered fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Only 20 minutes to make, gluten-free, low-carb, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 Whole head of cauliflower (or 4 cups of store-bought cauliflower rice)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Mediterranean spice blend or oregano (see alternative options in recipe notes)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed well)
- 1/4 cup Pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- The juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rice the cauliflower: Cut the bottom off of the cauliflower, slice it in half and cut out the core, using a sharp knife. Chop the cauliflower up into florets to make it easier to rice. Add the chopped cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor, place the lid on and pulse a few times until it resembles rice.
- Season the cauliflower rice: Transfer the cauliflower rice to a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean spice blend. Toss well to coat. Pour the seasoned cauliflower rice onto the baking sheet and spread it out evenly. It will cover about 3/4 of the pan.
- Season the chickpeas: Add the chickpeas to the same mixing bowl you seasoned the cauliflower in. Drizzle the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean spice blend. Toss well to coat.
- Bake the cauliflower and the chickpeas: Pour the seasoned chickpeas onto the same baking sheet the cauliflower rice is on in the remaining empty space on the pan. The chickpeas should cover about 1/4 of the baking sheet. Do not mix the chickpeas in with the cauliflower rice or they will not crisp up as well. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, until the cauliflower and chickpeas are starting to turn nice and golden brown. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Assemble: Once the cauliflower rice has cooled a bit, add it to the same mixing bowl you seasoned it in along with the roasted chickpeas. Add in the kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and lightly toss. Sprinkle on the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the freshly squeezed lemon juice, and the chopped parsley and toss to combine.
- Serve: Serve at room temperature as a side dish or main meal any day of the week!
- You can use store-bought cauliflower rice – I like trader joes
- You can find a mediterranean spice blend in most grocery stores or even target. Here is a homemade mediterranean spice blend option.
- This is best if eaten right away but it can be stored in an airtight containter for up to 3 days and easly reheated in the microwave.
- Category: Healthy Side Dishes
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mediterranean