Good mornings on the weekends start with a delicious and seasonal treat that the whole family can enjoy! These Pumpkin Donuts fit that bill. They are moist and sweet with that amazing pumpkin flavor. Combine them with a nice hot cup of coffee or warm milk spiked with a hint of nutmeg for the kid’s and you’ve got yourself a nice cozy fall weekend breakfast to kickoff all of the fun in store!
These came together in no time and they were so easy to make! I used my new donut pans that were about $10 each on Amazon and so worth it. I also made these in mini muffin tins last weekend since I didn’t have my donut pans yet and they were also super easy and delicious. Now, to make them a little more figure friendly I removed a little of the butter and oil and baked them instead of the traditional method which is the fry them. That’s my way of allowing myself to have more than one without any guilt. Ha Ha! We call that “girl math”.
Now, It’s time to make the DONUTS!!!!
First off, you want to gather all of your ingredients and whatever vessel you plan to cook your donuts in. Here I used a donut pan.
Easy and simple ingredients, just flour, butter, eggs , sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and of course pumpkin puree. By the way, did you know that sugar is considered a wet ingredient? Who knew? That’s my “I’m new to this whole baking thing” knowledge coming to the surface. Ha Ha!!!
Next, mix the wet then the dry ingredients and combine.
Fill your adorable donut pans.
I just poured the batter into a measuring cup to help with filling my donut pan molds and then cleaned up the edges with a wet paper towel. Perfect!
Bake them for about 15 minutes….
Let them cool for about one minute.
So tempting to take a bite, but the next step brings them to a whole new level.
Toss them in a bowl with cinnamon sugar and set them on a baking rack to dry out for a few minutes and they are done.
I mean, could that be any EASIER? Seriously so good!!!!
You’ve got to make these! My mind is wandering just thinking about the different flavor combinations you could do with this recipe to change it up! I guess I have some more recipe testing to do for other combos so stay tuned to the blog for more amazing donut recipes. For now, this one is on point!!!!
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and grease two donut pans or mini muffin pans.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine all of the Donut batter ingredients, except the flour and mix well.
- Add in the flour and combine with the other ingredients.
- Using a large glass measuring cup, pour the batter into the donut pans about 3/4 of the way.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let them cool for about one minute.
- Combine the sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg for the coating and toss each donut in the coating and place on a wire rack to dry out for about 5 minutes and enjoy!