These Healthy Carrot Cake Bites taste just like a fluffy indulgent slice of carrot cake without all of the sugar and calories. Made with sweet dates, shredded carrots, almond butter, almond flour and coconut, all blended together and formed into these crazy good sweet little treats. A no-bake healthy dessert that is refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free!
Carrot cake is my favorite kind of cake and these Healthy Carrot Cake Bites allow me to satisfy that carrot cake craving without consuming any added sugar or too many calories.
Why you will love this recipe
- Only requires a few simple pantry ingredients
- Raw vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free
- An easy recipe that even kids can make!
- No baking required
- Perfect for meal prep!
- A healthy dessert you can feel good about eating
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make these healthy carrot cake bites
You can make this recipe in a few minutes with a few simple pantry ingredients.
- Blend dates. Add dates to food processor and pulse a few times to break them down.
- Make carrot cake mixture. Add rest of ingredients and pulse a few times to blend everything together into a chunky batter that easily sticks together.
- Roll into balls. Use wet hands and a small ice cream scoop to roll the mixture into even size balls. Makes about 12-15. Roll in shredded coconut for added texture and flavor.
- Chill. Place onto a parchment paper lined tray and chill in fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Serve. Serve cold or at room temperature.
A simple no-bake healthy treat
These healthy carrot cake bites are so good and they are a fun and healthy treat you can eat everyday if you want. I love to make these when I am doing my meal prep so I have something special to look forward to during the week.
Plus, they really do taste like carrot cake, which is awesome! My kids loved these as well and you can also take them on the go. We recently brought them as a healthy snack on our recent road trip.
How to store these healthy carrot cake bites
These store great in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also make a bunch of them and freeze them in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. To defrost, leave them in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for 20-30 minutes.
Other healthy no-bake desserts
- Chocolate No Bake Energy Balls
- 15 Minute Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Simple Gluten Free Buckeye Balls
- Use medium size whole carrots that are brighter orange in color. Shred them yourself and don’t use pre shredded carrots since they have less flavor and will not be as sweet.
- Medjool pitted dates are what I used in this recipe and they were perfect. Chop them up a little bit before pulsing them a few times in the food pcoessor to help break them down more. If your dates look dry then place them into a bowl with some warm water for 10 minutes before using.
- Creamy almond butter, creamy peanut butter or sunbutter all work in this recipe.
- For topping these healthy carrot cake bites I rolled them in some shredded coconut but they are also really good all on their own without any topping. You can also drizzel them with a little caramel sauce and a sprinkle of shredded coconut and chopped pecans before chilling them in the refrigerator.
- To store, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Shop this recipe
I hope you try this recipe. If you do, please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you.Print