This simple bright and easy Green Goddess Dressing Recipe is so creamy and herby you will want to put it on everything. Packed with fresh herbs like basil and parsley, combined with greens like watercress and creamy avocado. Blended into an incredible thick and flavor packed dressing or sauce you can eat on sandwiches, or as a healthy dip paired with crisp veggies. Ready in less than 10 minutes! This is a dressing you must try!
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup packed watercress
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or stevia (optional for some sweetness if desired)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Use fresh herbs. Dried herbs really won’t cut it in this recipe. The use of fresh basil and parsley really gives this recipe an amazing burst of herby flavor that you won’t get with dried herbs.
- Switch up the greens. I used watercress but you could also use spinach or even arugula. You can also omit the greens if you don’t have any on hand but I really think they add a nice vibrancy to this recipe.
- Use greek yogurt. If you don’t want to use the mayo in this recipe then plain greek yogurt also works well. You can even use sour cream.
- Make it vegan. To make this recipe fully vegan, swap the mayo with vegan mayo.
- Use lemon or lime in this dressing. They both work great with these ingredients!
- To store this dressing: Make the dressing and store it in an airtight container fitted with a lid such as a mason jar. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days!
- Category: Dressings and sauces
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American