These air fryer chicken thighs are a quick and easy weeknight dinner that you can have ready in under 20 minutes. They have a nice juicy, perfectly seasoned skin and are super moist and delicious.
- 5–6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Olive oil cooking spray or another non-aerosol cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep the chicken. Place the chicken on the counter for 10-15 minutes before cooking. You do not want to put really cold chicken (straight from the fridge) into the air fryer. Pat the chicken dry with a clean paper towel and add the chicken to a medium size mixing bowl or large, clean plate. Spray the chicken with olive oil spray or cooking spray to help the seasoning stick better.
- Season. Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and rub it all over the chicken thighs.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F, spray the air fryer basket with non-aerosol cooking spray and place the chicken thighs into the basket in a single layer. Close and cook the chicken for 15-18 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the cooking time. You will know the chicken is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. You may need to do this in batches based on the size of your air fryer.
- Serve. Remove and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. See serving suggestions in post.
- Make sure to season each piece of chicken evenly for the best flavor.
- Do not overlap the chicken in the air fryer to ensure it cooks more evenly.
- You can store these chicken thighs after they are cooked in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat in the microwave or in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken thighs, air fryer chicken, chicken thighs