This Easy One Pot Healthy Chicken Soup is a simple, delicious weeknight meal you can make any day of the week. It stores great, plus it is loaded with hearty veggies, garlic, turmeric and ginger to help keep you healthy during the winter.
This really is the easiest and most delicious Healthy Chicken Soup! I have made it 3 times already and it tastes even better the next day and the day after that. What I love about chicken soup is that it is just so comforting and helps to fight cold season in a big way.
You will also want to check out this easy Lentil Soup that is equally as comforting and good for you. Especially if you are looking for a meatless, hearty soup.
In this recipe I combined super nutritious ingredients like garlic, ginger, turmeric, lots of veggies and chicken. . All of which will help you feel better wether you have a cold or not.
Ingredients needed to make this amazing chicken soup
How to make the best healthy chicken soup
- Heat a large pot to medium heat with some olive oil, then add in the veggies. Season them with salt and pepper and toss and cook them until they are soft. Add in the garlic and let it cook for a minute then stir in the turmeric, tomato and ginger paste.
- Pour in the peas and cook them for a few minutes, then pour in the stock and bouillon. Stir and place the chicken breast into the pot so it is fully covered then add in the bay leaves. Bring everything to a boil, then cover and simmer the soup for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and shred the chicken then add it back to the pot and serve.
- Switch up the veggies. Although I really like the classic combination of celery, carrots and onion mixed in with peas and mushrooms, you can really use any veggies. Some other good veggies to use in this soup would be cauliflower, bell peppers, potatoes or even squash. You could also throw in some spinach or kale right at the end to add some hearty greens to this healthy chicken soup.
- Make it meatless and leave out the chicken and the bouillon. I like to add in extra mushrooms and some beans for a meatless version that is still hearty and satisfying.
- You can also switch up the spices and use any spice blend you like.
Storing and freezing this healthy chicken soup
This soup is a great make-ahead meal because it stores easily and tastes even better the next day.
To store in the refrigerator
Let the soup cool completely then transfer it to an airtight container and keep if in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can easily reheat this soup on the stovetop or in portions in the microwave.
To freeze this soup
Let the soup cool completely then transfer it to a freezer-friendly airtight container and keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight then easily reheat this soup on the stovetop or in portions in the microwave.
- Cut the veggies all the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Use good quality chicken breasts that are the same size for more even cooking.
- To shred the chicken easily, transfer it to a plate once it is cooked through then use two forks to shred it.
- Use low-sodium chicken stock so you can control the amount of sodium in the soup.
- Make sure to remove and discard the bay leaves before serving.
More healthy soup recipes to try
- Spicy Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup
- Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print