Crispy Baked Eggplant Fries that are gluten-free and so easy to make! Chickpea breadcrumbs stuck to soft and tasty eggplant all baked to oven-fried perfection and matched with a delicious marinara dipping sauce!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the whisked eggs into a shallow bowl and season them with a little salt and pepper. Place the breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl, add the parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs and toss to combine.
- Dredge each eggplant fry in the egg then the breadcrumbs and place it in a single layer onto the baking sheet. Continue until you have dredged all of the eggplant. Make sure to lay the breaded eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Spray the eggplant with olive oil cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through to get both sides nice and crispy.
- Remove, sprinkle with salt and fresh chives or parsley. Plate and serve warm with your favorite marinara.
- Try your best to cut the eggplant into even-sized shapes so they all cook at a similar time.
- You can use any kind of breadcrumbs. I just used gluten-free but you can also use panko.
- This recipe also works well with zucchini to make zucchini fries.
- Add some extra flavor by seasoning the breadcrumbs with one tablespoon of oregano or dried basil.
- To make these in the air-fryer: Preheat the air-fryer to 390 degrees. Spray the basket with cooking spray, place the breaded eggplant into the air-fryer basket in a single layer, spray them with olive oil cooking spray and cook in batches for 6-8 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- You can store these in some foil in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, just place them back into a 450 degree F oven on a baking sheet for a few minutes.
- The best dipping sauce for these fries, are you ready? Marinara sauce (store-bought) + ketchup. Trust!!! It is everything with these fries.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American