Hearty chickpeas tossed with bold taco seasoning and roasted in olive oil in a cast iron pan to crispy perfection. A great nutritious snack or topping for a salad. Only three ingredients and ready in less than 10 minutes!
Taco Seasoned Crispy Chickpeas are my new go to when I need a protein packed snack or some additional crunch added to my salads. It’s something I can keep in my fridge and grab anytime when I am craving something crunchy. Better than snacking on crackers and packed with a long list of nutrients. My kind of food! The recipe only has three ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make and they are DONE! Yesssssss Pleassssse! I love the bold seasoning matched with the crispy shell and tender center of the chickpeas. It is just a wonderful thing and nutritious too!
So why are chickpeas good for you?
- Good source of plant-based protein
- High in fiber
- Helps control blood sugar
- Helps protect against heart disease and other ailments
- High in iron
- Good for weight-loss
The list goes on and some of the healthiest countries in the world consume chickpeas as part of their diet at least 3 times per week! Lucky for me since they are one of my favorite foods! I have several recipes using chickpeas. Check out my Cauliflower Chickpea Burger that is so good and packed full of good for you ingredients. Or this Mediterranean Roasted Chickpea Salad.
How to make these Taco Seasoned Crispy Chickpeas
- Heat up a pan on the stovetop with olive oil
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add in the taco seasoning and toss.
- Pour the chickpeas into the pan and toss to coat them in the oil.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until they are nice and crispy brown.
- Serve immediately as a warm snack or topping on a salad.
- You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat in a pan when ready to eat!
What other types of seasoning could you use?
You could use ranch seasoning, everything bagel seasoning or just a combo of garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. All of them are all DELICIOUS! Just use the same method and swap the taco seasoning with whatever you have on hand.
- 15 oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tablespoons of store bought taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat up a medium size skillet to medium high heat on the stovetop. Add in the oil.
- Toss the chickpeas with the taco seasoning.
- Once the oil is heated, pour the seasoned chickpeas into the pan and toss to coat them in the oil.
- Cook the chickpeas for 5-7 minutes, tossing them gently to get all sides nice and crispy.
- Remove from the pan, pour them into a bowl and serve warm as a snack or addition to salads.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g