The quick and easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad has it all! Made with hearty roasted chickpeas, crunchy veggies, and a tasty tangy dressing. It is a perfect meal prep recipe and a healthy salad you can make in 25 minutes and eat all week long.
Lately, even though we are working and doing school from home, I have been meal prepping my food to help me eat better and stay on track. Otherwise I would probably just eat anything, which is never a good idea.
This mediterranean chickpea salad is so good and packed with crunchy, tangy flavors that make you excited to eat it for any meal all week long.
Pair it with grilled chicken, some hummus and pita bread and it is just like eating out at your favorite Mediterranean restaurant. Okay, maybe it’s not that exciting but it is very satisfying and packed with so much flavor and nutrition.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
- Easy and simple with the most amazing crispy chickpeas
- Crisp and fresh veggies mixed with a delicious mediterranean dressing
- Great for meal prep!
- It can be paired with any kind of protein or enjoyed all on its own.
- A salad recipe you will want to make over and over again.
- Its vegetarian and easily made vegan
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD
HOW TO MAKE THIS INCREDIBLE SALAD
You can easily make this mediterranean chickpea salad in only a few easy steps in under 30 minutes and eat it all week long.
- Start with roasting the chickpeas. This is very easy to do and so tasty. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, season them and roast them in the oven until nice and crispy but still slightly tender, about 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
2. While the chickpeas are cooking ,you can prepare the rest of the salad. Add the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, onion, and olives to a mixing bowl. Top with the fresh herbs.
3. Mix up the dressing by adding all ingredients to a small mixing bowl or mason jar and mixing until fully combined and emulsified.
4. Pour the dressing over the veggies and top with the chickpeas, feta cheese, and more herbs. Mix it all up and enjoy. I liked to separate the salad into meal prep containers with the dressing separate and enjoy for a quick lunch or dinner all week long.
This salad is so good paired with some pita bread and homemade hummus. It’s kind of like a super fun mid-day meal at home when you can’t get out of the house.
This is one of my favorite meal prep recipes or even quick healthy salad recipes to pull together for dinner during the week. It pairs great with roasted chicken or fish or just on it’s own as a complete meal.
The dressing is perfectly tangy and sweet and I just love it in this salad!
The combination of the crispy flavored chickpeas matched with the crunchy veggies and the tangy dressing. It is so good! A must try recipe for sure!
How to store this salad
This mediterranean chickpea salad should be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store the dressing in separate containers then top the salad when ready to eat. You can even take it on the go since it is also delicious at room temperature.
- Use low-sodium chickpeas and make sure to drain and rinse them before using. This will help bring out their flavor more.
- You can mix up the veggies and use chopped carrots, celery, bell peppers, or green olives.
- If you don’t have taco seasoning then you can use 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and mix it up to make your own taco-like seasoning.
- Adding some more protein like chicken or tuna would also be delicious in this salad
- Make it the day of or make it ahead and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To make this salad vegan, leave out the feta cheese or use vegan soft cheese.
Here are some other healthy Mediterranean recipes you make also enjoy
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! If you try it out, then please leave a rating and comment below.Print