BBQ Chicken Salad is one of the very BEST salads I have ever had! It is just brimming with hearty and crunchy romaine lettuce, burst cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, black beans, avocado, crunchy cashews and juicy chicken all covered in the most delicious creamy BBQ dressing!
A good BBQ Chicken Salad is great for a hearty lunch or dinner since it comes together quickly and is so filling and satisfying. This BBQ Chicken Salad is a perfect salad for summer or anytime of year when you are craving all of those BBQ flavors and are in need of a fun and healthy meal that your whole family will go crazy for.
There is just something about a crunchy chicken salad that people love for a quick light lunch or to bring to a picnic. This salad is so crazy good that we ate it three times this week and we still want more. Now that is a good SALAD!
This easy recipe is also a fun spin on classic chicken salad.
A healthy chicken salad recipe that can be made in 10 minutes and is loaded with nutritious good-for ingredients like romaine lettuce, corn, cherry tomatoes, hearty black beans, cooked chicken breast, avocado and crunchy cashews.
Pour on the most incredible, creamy 3 ingredient BBQ dressing and it is a complete meal all in one.
I would eat anything you put this dressing on, it’s that good. Tangy, creamy and just the perfect blend of flavors.
Also, if you love Panera’s BBQ Chicken Salad then this one is right up your alley, just slightly healthier and lower in calories.
Ingredients needed to make BBQ Chicken Salad
How to make BBQ Chicken Salad
- Assemble the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix up the dressing by combining the mayo, barbecue sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour it over the salad and toss.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Make ahead and storage
- This BBQ Chicken chicken salad recipe does not store well after you have assembled it (dressed and tossed it) but you can prepare it, store the ingredients separately and assemble and toss it when ready to eat or serve.
- You can make the creamy barbeque dressing ahead of time and store it in a mason jar fitted with a lid or an airtight container. This dressing actually tastes even better after sitting for a while in the fridge. You can store the dressing for 5-7 days as long as it is in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you plan to have leftovers then divide the salad into bowls and dress separately so you can easily store the leftovers separately in the fridge.
More healthy salad recipes:
- Easy Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
- Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 10 Minute Crunchy Cashew Chicken Salad
- Crispy Chickpea and Kale Caesar Salad
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Slice the lettuce into strips so it is easier to eat. Plus it looks so pretty. To do this, simply roll up a few lettuce leaves like a cigar and slice through them creating nice long strips of lettuce.
- You can use a few different types of greens for this salad, arugula, kale or romaine lettuce are all great options that work wonderfully in this recipe.
- For the dressing I used a Kevin’s Paleo BBQ Sauce and Primal Kitchen Mayo to keep it a bit healthier. You can use whatever your favorite varieties are. If you do not have mayo then you can actually sub in an equal amount of ranch dressing in place of the mayo for a fun spin on the dressing.
- Any kind of cooked chicken will work in this chicken salad recipe. You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken, Air Fryer Chicken Breast, Chicken Tenders, any leftover cooked chicken that you have on hand.
- Mix up the veggies in this salad. You could add shredded carrots, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, or even chickpeas to this salad.
- To make this BBQ Chicken Salad ahead of time, mix up all of the salad ingredients, mix up the dressing and store everything separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble and serve the salad.
- Serve this salad with some tortilla strips as a fun topping.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print